Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official FAQ 1.1 states under "Bypass", last sentence: Bypassing prevents any unresolved conditional abilities that met their trigger condition when the ice was encountered from resolving.

I don't understand what it is saying here. Can someone provide an example of what it means? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
It means that if you bypassed an ICE that was affected by Chum, you still take the 3 net damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the sentence I quoted relate to Chum? I see how the second sentence of the FAQ does, since it states the subroutines of the bypassed ICE are not broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Flynn
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most common scenario is using Femme Fatale on Tollbooth.

When the runner encounters a rezzed Tollbooth they must pay 3 credits if they have at least 3 credits, but if the runner has Femme Fatale'd the Tollbooth they get to trigger the bypass effect before the "Pay 3 credits" effect on Tollbooth resolves. So, not only does the runner only have to pay 1 credit to avoid breaking Tollbooth, but they also don't have to pay the 3 credit "toll."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
humantyphoon wrote:

When the runner encounters a rezzed Tollbooth they must pay 3 credits if they have at least 3 credits, but if the runner has Femme Fatale'd the Tollbooth they get to trigger the bypass effect before the "Pay 3 credits" effect on Tollbooth resolves. So, not only does the runner only have to pay 1 credit to avoid breaking Tollbooth, but they also don't have to pay the 3 credit "toll."

So the runner could prevent any "when encountered" triggers from occuring? For example, he could prevent the corporation from gaining a credit from pop-up window?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
ioticus wrote:
How does the sentence I quoted relate to Chum? I see how the second sentence of the FAQ does, since it states the subroutines of the bypassed ICE are not broken.

Wow, I completely misread your post, sorry. I must be sleeping awake. The Femme/Tollbooth example is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ioticus wrote:
humantyphoon wrote:

So the runner could prevent any "when encountered" triggers from occuring? For example, he could prevent the corporation from gaining a credit from pop-up window?

Yes, if you want to waste femme on a popup that works too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Smith
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taloncarde wrote:

I wouldn't say it's a complete waste. You still have to pay a credit, but at least the corp isn't getting a credit. Better than a kick in the pants I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MinisterOfPropaganda wrote:
Taloncarde wrote:

I wouldn't say it's a complete waste. You still have to pay a credit, but at least the corp isn't getting a credit. Better than a kick in the pants I suppose.

My luck lately has been if I play a Forged Activation Order, i always target a pop up window...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Smith
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taloncarde wrote:

My luck lately has been if I play a Forged Activation Order, i always target a pop up window...

Oh that's just painful. Last night I was playing a game where I was at 6 points as Runner. I had Notoriety in hand, and more than enough credits to run all 3 centrals and play it for the win. Run R&D...Snare...Notoriety is discarded. Son of a....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.