Billy Babel
United States
Guymon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Whenever heroes/OL choose the next quest are they allowed to open the quest book up and read the specifics like the set up etc so they can see if it favors them or not, or are simply supposed to pick based on the map alone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stokes
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All quest information is open at all times. You can use any criteria you like when choosing the next quest. I'd recommend reading up on the quests before games night, though, the other players may get a bit bored waiting for you to read through the details of 3-4 quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Some groups will chose to not look at the Quest information. But the rules definitely allow all Quest information be public.

I'd personally like to see some that are not, perhaps in a future scenario. Loved the collapsing quest in Well of Darkness from 1st Edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Withholding information clearly favours the OL.
It is not an option to make the quest's data known to all.

Quest Book, p. 2 :
Public Information
These quests are all written with the assumption that all players know all the rules and vicrory conditions - in short, unless noted, none of the information is secret.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.