Hide
11 Posts

Robotech RPG Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: If you missed the Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Russell
msg tools
If you missed the kickstarter I'm willing to let people piggyback onto my pledge through the pledge manager. I ask that the buyer pay 20% (it's negotiable on larger purchases) over the normal price plus pay the cost of shipping. If you are interested please feel free to PM me on here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! I would love to sell a bridge to the trusting fools who would do this. who in their right mind is going to paypal a load of cash to complete strangers, wait for months after the 45 day paypal refund limit, and HOPE that these guys send them the stuff. Only a bunch of idots, IMHO!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Charging fellow gamers 20% extra plus shipping? Way to make a buck off your fellow gamers. Is this really where the hobby is heading?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremie geggus
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bad idea? Yeah. Probably not likely to play out well.

Worth calling people "fools" or "idiots" and accusing them of somehow disgracing your precious hobby? Christ. Calm down.

The OP and any interested parties should note that these toys aren't likely to retail for much more than 20% over the Kickstarter prices. The kickstarter was fun, and all, but not the super-crazy bargain that some have been.

If you're gonna add someone else onto your existing pledge, do so with someone you know reasonably well, so you can comfortably laugh when/if Palladium makes a mess of delivery. Internet investments aren't a very viable opportunity to make new friends. The inherent sketchiness of kickstarter could easily make new enemies, though.

Careful, now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wormwoode wrote:

Worth calling people "fools" or "idiots" and accusing them of somehow disgracing your precious hobby? Christ. Calm down.

The OP and any interested parties should note that these toys aren't likely to retail for much more than 20% over the Kickstarter prices. The kickstarter was fun, and all, but not the super-crazy bargain that some have been.

If you're gonna add someone else onto your existing pledge, do so with someone you know reasonably well, so you can comfortably laugh when/if Palladium makes a mess of delivery. Internet investments aren't a very viable opportunity to make new friends. The inherent sketchiness of kickstarter could easily make new enemies, though.

Careful, now.

Yes they are FOOLS if they go in on this if they do not personaly know the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a BGG marketplace. The seller posts the item at what they think is a fair price. A buyer accepts. Shipping and other fee adjustments can be added. There are some mechanisms to prevent fraud. BGG takes a small commission (3%).

I have bought and sold games to complete strangers before. That is, I did when I thought the hobby was small enough and precarious enough that people looked out for others who shared their passion. Now I'm not sure anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
necroloid123 wrote:
wormwoode wrote:

Careful, now.

Yes they are FOOLS if they go in on this if they do not personaly know the OP.

I pledged for 3 copies of Dreadball on Kickstarter with the intention of selling the other 2 via ebay (at a small premium, not 20% mind you). Both of these stated that they would be sent their copy in 2 shipments. They would receive stage 1 straight away, as it had already turned up, and stage 2 & 3 once they both arrived. Needless to say, I have sold both copies and and waiting on stage 3 parts to turn up. Neither buyers know me but have placed their trust in me to deliver the goods later this year. I don't think they are fools to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is wrong with 20%? It is a PITA to repackage and ship whatever someone else orders. They have the pleasure of benefiting from my foresight to invest in this kickstarter. Based on typical premiums people are charged for things they want, but do not have access to, a profit of like $50 is nothing. Who do you know will even bother to do anything for less than $50 that requires logistics, time and effort? If I repackage these goods, resell them, reship them and do QA on them, why on Earth should I not get compensated? We are evil because of a profit motive? We are untrustworthy because we wish to be compensated for time and energy that could be spent elsewhere? I think not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Russell
msg tools
If you'd like feeback, you can check me out on ebay under joshr573 or bartertown under joshuar56, both are 100% positive feedback. Also If the hassel is worth less than 20% to you, then by all means offer the service. And the retail value of the Battle Cry will be MUCH more than $168. If you were to buy the models individually through the kickstarter, you're looking at over $500, and my guess is that retail prices will be higher than kickstarter prices. After paypal fees, I'm only making about $20 on a Battle Cry, I'm not sure I would call that unresonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to earn the ire of fellow gamers or the OP but I will also be willing to allow some piggy backing / taking over of my pledge. I have pledged to far into this without my gaming group being willing to play it. You can geekmail me if you are interested to work out the details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shpongle wrote:
And I contacted Palladium Books directly, they said "Welcome Aboard". No need to piggypag anyone.. arrrh

I was contacted about purchasing my Showdown a few weeks ago. We decided he could just piggyback on my pledge to get his stuff. Now, I would bet he would love to be able to just join the kick starter. Do you have an email address or phone number he should use? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.