Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Skinner
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can you move a unit more than once per turn? Can you activate an area more than once per turn using several movement orders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to both as far as I can tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Skinner
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Let me ask more specifically. As an example, I move two confederate infantry units across the boundary to attack the Shiloh Church area. Before combat ensues, can I use another movement order to move another two confederate infantry units from the same area to attack the Shiloh Church area? That would make 4 points of units crossing the boundary, even though I have used two separate orders. I would appreciate your opinion. I know according to the example of play, after combat and a confederate retreat, I could play a movement order to again have the units move once more into Shiloh Church and attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat is resolved at the time of the attacker's choosing on their turn. So yes, moving two units with an action, and then moving another two units with a second action, allows you to then resolve the attack with four attacking units (who would retreat to their respective attacking areas if required to retreat).

I hope that helps!
Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Skinner
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
I appreciate the quick response. That answers my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bear in mind that a cavalry unit moving into an empty/friendly area can continue into a second area, but can only take this free move once per turn (see page 7).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.