A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Is this a good game for 2-players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I heard people are saying this isn't good for 2?
Then I heard something about Melee and Multiplayer?
What does that means?

What about 3 players game? Is it very fun to play?

Anyone here who doesn't get second core-set but still enjoy the game very much? Since I don't really like the idea of getting another set and might have a lot of unused cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bewl Bewl
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have one core set and enjoy this very much with my friends. However, for 2 players the Game of Thrones HBO tie in game from Fantasy Flight is a better, more balanced experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it more as a 2 player game than I do as a 4 player game. Haven't tried 3 yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really didn't find a lot to distinguish it from any other deck-builder in 2-player - may just as well play Magic. For me, the whole title selection, associated diplomacy, and the many-way interactions from 3- and 4-player is what makes this game.

This is with 2 x core and the Martell and Greyjoy boxes. I don't know if Joust changes with a larger card pool.

Regarding a single core - I think it's quite fun as an out-of-the-box experience, pick a deck each and play. Deck-building with a single core is something of a non-starter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Wisniewski
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Find me on Twitter @bgg_geraldkw
mbmbmbmbmb
It's fun with two players for both casual and competitive play.

I like melee (multiplayer) a lot though and play it when I can. I don't understand people who don't like Melee, I guess they like winning the game more than they like the game, or just don't have people to play with that make a multiplayer experience fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of my favorite 2 player games that exists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.