Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Played the first learning game, but only the first round, round 3.

Could I ask what the definition of a round actually is? I'm aware of course that if both parties have passed then that is the end of the round however, and the rules do state that you then advance the round marker to the next round which you then draw an Event card. But (and I'm over thinking this I'm sure!) after each subsequent pass from both players, do you play all the Event cards for the current round......?

So for example, you play the first Event card say at Round 3 and after all turns are completed and both players have passed, do you continue to draw an Event card from Round 3 or do you simply move onto Round 4 and draw the Event from that deck?

We really enjoyed playing and the mechanics of the game eventually fell into place, we had these aha! moments

Edit: found the answer - I knew I should have used the search function! In a previous post someone asked a similar question, you can at most have 4 events occur in any given game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosh - I hope that this is not missing in the the new English rules. That would be embarrassing...
blush

Anyway, check out the new English rules, in the file section. Maybe they help with any other problems that could occur...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
Gosh - I hope that this is not missing in the the new English rules. That would be embarrassing...
blush

Anyway, check out the new English rules, in the file section. Maybe they help with any other problems that could occur...

Yep, downloaded and printed out the new rules re-write. Its not actually missing... After clarifying now, the rule is implied, just not quite clear enough.

What an incredible game though! Thoroughly enjoying it.

Edit: even with the original translation, the rules were fine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked it, and I think it is not only implied but stated very clearly in there...

Page 4:
"The game is played over the course of 4 rounds."

Same Page, second column:
"Afterwards, draw an Event card of the first round (3) and place it between the two players. These actions are repeated at the beginning of every consecutive round (see p. 17)."

Same column, further down:
"A game round has no fixed number of turns - it ends when both players have passed."

page 16, headline:
"End of the Round"

below that:
"After the second player has passed (see p. 5), the current round ends. The players now have to perform the following 6 phases..."

Page 17, headline: "Preparations for the next round"

below that: "The round track marker is moved one space to the left."

further below: " A new Event Card [...] is drawn and resolved, following the same rules as at the beginning of the game (p. 5). The player who now has less Prestige will begin the new action round."

I am sorry, but if that is, in your eyes, just implying that only one event card is drawn every round, and that a round ends after both players have passed, then, I am sorry to say, you tend to overinterpret rules text. Although I really don't see how you can overinterpret here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mate, all good. That's why we are here - to clear up any issues such over thinking, mis interpreting etc.

Thanks for your input and help. Have a great day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.