Subject: Mystique as Weaponized Plutonium rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't claim to have read every single post on the boards here, but I did a search and it came up empty (feel free to correct me, haha).

In the Scheme about Stealing the Weaponized Plutonium, Scheme Twists get constantly shuffled back into the deck when you defeat a Villain that has one attached. Because Mystique becomes an immediate Scheme Twist when she escapes (and has been very explicitly ruled as being a Twist in every way), she would get attached to a Villain in the City...but what happens when you defeat that Villain? She, as a Plutonium, must be shuffled back into the deck, right? But then would she just come back out as plain old Mystique again? I would assume so, but it seems odd that she would lose her Scheme Twistiness like that.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards don't have memory like that, so after she gets shuffled into the deck and if she comes out again, she would be regular mystique. There wouldn't be any way to tell which mystique card you had drawn if both cards were still in the Villain deck, for example.

The closest official statement you'll find is about how Dracula doesn't remember the card bonus he had if the card attached to him is KO'd, and the concept is similar (I.e. - card memory).

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi AJ,

Thanks for the question. Jacovis is correct: If Mystique becomes Plutonium as you describe, then gets shuffled back into the deck, she will be a Villain again inside the Villain Deck. All the best,

Devin Low meeple
Designer, Legendary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.