Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed M

Drums
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
Hello,

Just wondering if this plays like Runebound which I love and how does it play solo? Are there boss fights? How is theme and combat? Endgame fun? Epic feel?

Thanks for help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC the second expansion contains full-fledged solo play, before you get it, you have to houserule it.

There is not much that can be considered boss fights, maybe except for the sphere guardiand (lesser and higher), though the endgame is about getting four out of five artifacts from the astral spheres and if all artifacts are taken and nobody is the winner (nobody owns four artifacts), then the game ends in a PvP combat between the artifact owners.

Combat is Talisman-ish (= you add bonuses to see your total attack strength, roll two dice - one for you and one for enemy and add the rolled number to your attack, who has more wins. If nobody wins, then it is a draw) and theme....well, any character can gain any skills, albeit the character selection has impact on which places train you cheaper. The biggest problem I see with the game is that it can take too much time to actually end. Maybe just because of that are there rules for shortened version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladimir17 wrote:
The biggest problem I see with the game is that it can take too much time to actually end.

Huh. I've never seen that in Prophecy. Once someone gets strong enough to go for the guardians/artifacts, the game accelerates pretty fast, as you can't just let someone get them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.