james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm looking for soem potentially new party games for my brother and his friends to play.

What I already have:

timesUp
the resistance (which we love)
portrayal
witsNwagers
say anything
cluzzle

They also enjoyed for sale

I'm essentially looking for intro style games for a large group of non-gamers.

I have Bang - but dont think that would go over well, to explain the roles, and the different guns and the range would be over their heads

i welcome any recommendations. The number of players is often the issue for me.
As often the number could be up to 10 players...
-
James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dixit Odyssey (plays up to 12)
Ultimate Werewolf: Inquisition (up to 12)
Ricochet Robots (plays up to "infinity"...literally!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thayne Weston
United States
Nibley
Utah
flag msg tools
The die has been cast- Julius Caesar
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Telestrations. Is a great one. Lots of fun. You get a word and draw a picture. The card is passed as people guess the word and draw a new picture. Kinda like a big drawing game of telephone. If you get it check out the bigger pack that goes up to 12 .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and I almost fort: Set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the responses.

i forgot about dixit, i should take another look at that.

i do have telestrations, though oddly and grossly, one of the boards has a very foreign(to me) bug crushed under the laminate

I'll take a look at 'set' not sure i'm familiar with that one.

keep the reco's coming !
-
J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some suggestions:

- Jungle Speed (a dexterity game)
- Get Bit! (I think this can be expands up to 8 with xp)
- Ca$h 'n Gun$ (only 6)
- Nanuk (8 players max)
- Tsuro or Tsuro of the Seas
- Wicked Witches Way (I highly recommend but only up to 6)
- Spoons
- Unexpected Treasures (only 6)
- Saboteur + Saboteur 2 (expansion-only editions)
- Pit (highly recommend)
- Pass the Pigs
- Zombie Dice (I guess this is not really ideal as the downtime can be long when the number of player increases)

Let us know what you went with yeah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
DEFINITELY A GOOD GUY, GUYS
mbmbmbmbmb
Unnamed Object scratches the same itch Zombie Dice would, but without the downtime. Pit! is definitely a good call too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
dtroy_de_rapcore wrote:
Some suggestions:

- Jungle Speed (a dexterity game)
- Get Bit! (I think this can be expands up to 8 with xp)
- Ca$h 'n Gun$ (only 6)
- Nanuk (8 players max)
- Tsuro or Tsuro of the Seas
- Wicked Witches Way (I highly recommend but only up to 6)
- Spoons
- Unexpected Treasures (only 6)
- Saboteur + Saboteur 2 (expansion-only editions)
- Pit (highly recommend)
- Pass the Pigs
- Zombie Dice (I guess this is not really ideal as the downtime can be long when the number of player increases)

Let us know what you went with yeah.

James, thank you for the geekgold, although I don't really think I earn it.

I wish Wicked Witches Way plays with more players, because I find it to be really quirky and suitable to large non-gamer groups. I'd like to add one more party game that is also quirky and forgot to suggest earlier, that is Ugg-Tect. This game however requires you to split into two teams (which shouldn't be a problem). It's really fun when all are new to the game. But once all players are familiar with the language after 3-4 games, it becomes somewhat less funny But still a fun game nevertheless.

Good luck!

EDITED
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+ for Tsuro - EXTREMELY easy to teach within a minute. It's very quick, but players will laugh as they send eachother off the sides of the board.

+1 for Ca$h 'n Gun$ - A silly, simpler version of Bang!, in a way. Play the Resevoir Dogs soundtrack, maybe have a few drinks, everyone will love it.

Also, King of Tokyo for sure. People might scoff a bit at the art style, but it's such a fun game. Easy to teach, easy to learn, and pure fun.

Shadow Hunters plays very similar to Bang!, I'm not a fan of the theme or art, but the game is fantastic. It's easier to teach than Bang! despite being a bit more complicated in a way, adding location. But there's less cards to keep track of, less obscure symbols. Wouldn't be too hard to teach at all.

RoboRally looks more complicated than it is, really just one person needs to know what's going on, otherwise you just tell everyone to plan out the next 5+ turns by placing cards in order, then you move everyone and see who gets shot. Can be pretty fun.

Saboteur - Also very simple, just draw a few cards, see if you can build onto the mine tunnels. The fun part is that there are some hidden Saboteurs trying to sabotage things, can be great fun, and a very cheap game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Dixit Odyssey
+1 for Telestrations
+1 for Incan Gold

I would also recommend For Sale (plays up to 6), and Panic on Wall Street! (plays up to 11). A dexterity game like PitchCar, Tumblin-Dice, or Villa Paletti would likely work well also. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Barbie
msg tools
mbmb
The big ones that always goes over well with non gamers at our parties: Tsuro, Cards Against Humanity and Eat Poop You Cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
Great 6 Player games that play in under 60 minutes (including some overlooked gems) ...

Here's a good 6 player + sometimes more list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre. Though, your first game will take a very long time as people learn it. Its easy to teach, but new players tend to spend a very long time making choices.

But its my go-to party game and I make everyone play in character!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.