United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
My first game etailer was Funagain over a decade ago when I didn't know of other options or BGG... I still shop Funagain every now and then but in this day and age doesn't everyone know to do research, especially for a usually pricey title like a Splotter game?

Just checking the text adds here on BGG, ie

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekads/viewall/thing/111341

Funagain wants $155... that qualifies for free shipping (on orders $75+)

However cool stuff has it for $120 also free shipping (on orders $100+), B&B also has it for $120 (w/free shipping on this item), and MM may be slightly more at $123 but also free shipping (on orders $99+).

Is it just that some folks even in this gaming day and age don't know of other options?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a listed eBay offer for $136, and a marketplace offer for $150. People can list games for whatever they want, but is anyone paying these prices?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah and timewellspentgames.com is 109 free shipping at 150.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could bid on mine which is at $87 including shipping.

CLOSED!! The sun is a mass of Really Really HOT incandescent gas. Selling some of my games before they spontaneously combust in my basement. FREE SHIPPING - U.S. ONLY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Williams
United States
Lake Mary
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased it at the beginning of the month from Coolstuff for $100, Jeff. I think you'll enjoy the game, but even at that price, it stings a bit. No regrets, though.

In their defense, FunAgain has some value added services that the other retailers don't offer... but I don't find these worth the extra cost. their recommendations were valuable when I first entered the hobby, and I was a loyal customer to them until I found other options, too. I guess I would order something from them if no one else carried it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
CatpissWilly wrote:
I purchased it at the beginning of the month from Coolstuff for $100, Jeff. I think you'll enjoy the game, but even at that price, it stings a bit. No regrets, though.

yea I violated my own current policy of only "try (play) before buying" and also bit when CSI had it for $99.99 (had to buy a 75 cent dice to get free ship... you on the other hand had to pay sales tax )... still don't know if I'm going to keep it (so haven't removed shrink)... am hoping to play another's copy this Saturday. did just read the rules today, looks interesting!

Quote:
In their defense, FunAgain has some value added services that the other retailers don't offer...

out of curiosity which services are unique to funagain? their affiliate rewards program?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Rodriguez
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
CatpissWilly wrote:

yea I violated my own current policy of only "try (play) before buying" and also bit when CSI had it for $99.99 (had to buy a 75 cent dice to get free ship... you on the other hand had to pay sales tax )... still don't know if I'm going to keep it (so haven't removed shrink)... am hoping to play another's copy this Saturday. did just read the rules today, looks interesting!

The game is very good. I have a feeling you're going to want to keep it after playing it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foxtrot2620 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
CatpissWilly wrote:

The game is very good. I have a feeling you're going to want to keep it after playing it

For that kind of moolah, it better be a whole lot better than "very good."

Holy cannoli!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.