Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mr. Jack Pocket easily fulfills the criteria. All the cards are very thick and unbendable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, That's My Fish! would be perfect, except I don't think there is a solo mod for it. I have played solo using rules found in this geeklist: Lonesome Journey - How I Turned My Entire Collection Into A Solitaire Smorgasbord. However, there are many other games I would reach to first for solo play.

Great 2 player game, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Le Havre: The Inland Port. As designed, it's a purely two-player game, but I tossed together some solitaire rules that actually end up making the game a bit more like "real" Le Havre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd throw Hive and For The Win on the list. Both are excellent two player abstract games that consist of good quality tiles. For the Win has thin player aids that double as action trackers, but you could easily replace those with something else if you need. There's also a 3-4 player expansion which, to my knowledge, is not available at retail, but some people selling the base game on the marketplace are including the expansion with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you mean Mr Jack Pocket, it's not really a deduction game, though it's there in the theme. It reminds me of a slightly more complicated Tic-Tac-Toe that is NOT broken. The replayability is quite high as there is no way to solve the game. It's fun and plays in 20 minutes, MAX
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting criteria. I'll accept the challenge!

- Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age You already own it
- Qwixx
- Pocket Battles: Celts vs. Romans (they are thick tiles)
- Qwirkle (the travel version)
- Ingenious: Travel Edition
- Blokus Duo

Let us know once you've decided yeah. I'd like to know.

EDITED
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pax domina
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cambria
Hibernia

These two are nice small box (7.90 x 5.90 x 1.70 inches) games that have very nice components and play anywhere from 20-45min. They probably don't play best with 2p, but do just fine with both players playing two teams each -- so, effectively, playing a 4p game with only 2p. Neither is designed for solo play. Cambria plays 2-5p and Hibernia 2-4p.

They take up an incredibly small footprint (minimalist done right) and both are quite inexpensive, too.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo
Brazil
Águas Claras
Brasilia / DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For 2 people Hive Carbon fits good for your purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
+1 to Pocket Battles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Engine Publishing (enginepublishing.com)
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Hive (but Hive Pocket is smaller, and awesome).

A set of Looney Pyramids (Icehouse pyramids) and some related non-card bits (glass beads, etc.) opens up a vast array of abstract games. I haven't boxed my set up yet, but all the Icehouse games on my Want to Play list use 6 stashes or less plus a roll-up chess board and some beads, and apart from the chess board all of that should fit in a pretty small box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to Hive, Mr. Jack Pocket, Hey That's My Fish.

New recommendations from me would be Micropul, and if you could find a copy, Proteus (although you'd need something to use as a board).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
qkent wrote:
I'd still like to find an adventure/exploration game, although so far no luck. I'm currently scratching the itch playtesting nDungeon (nano dungeon) but would like something I can take out and not fiddle with the rules on. Dungeon in a Tin isn't replayable enough, and Heroica is too easy.

If you're interested in a game for slightly larger groups, Room 25 is a big hit with all the groups I've played it with. It will play 2, though.

Small box and the player sheets are really more player aids than anything else. Highly recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmmm. For solitaire/exploration, what about Zombie in my Pocket? Plays 1-8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
We have played Room 25 28 times this year. I have even painted the figurines. cool

The action programming mechanic, different game modes and adjustable difficulty makes it lots of fun for such a quick-to-learn game. And the possibility/existence of guards make the game quite deep. Plays only upto 6 players though. (Mixed two threads, too late and too little sleep.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Solitary Man
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize that I'm not familiar with these games, but I "stole" these ideas from the guys of the Gameopolis Podcast. They talk about all of them in their most recent episode. They seem to fit your two criteria.

Carcassonne: The Dice Game

Babylon

Quoridor (the pocket edition)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a game I enjoy, but Travel Carcassonne fits the request (except for part of #5, as it takes some table space).

It seems like quite a few tile games would fit. And dice games like Martian Dice, Zombie Dice, etc. (although those in particular are best with 3+).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Hive and Blokus Duo

Further I´d like to suggest my Topology.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.