Normandy 1944: A Bloody Summer» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few more... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Fletcher
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
1. What is the tactical interdiction effect on road movement?
2. Can air units be combined in off-map strategic interdiction, and is the number in any way limited? (it says it can be 1 HB, 2 MB, 2 FB--so can 5 units be placed on each area?)
3. On British units, what do the different colored background stripes--red, green, brown--signify? I'm confused as there are all three in the same division?
4. Landing new allied units in ports--is this limited by the SV of the port?
5. Do newly arriving allied units get their full movement allowance on the turn of arrival?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS Bourget
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

1. Tactical interdiction doubles all clear terrain movement costs (except town and forest), including road and railway in clear terrain.

2. I interpret the rule strictly as I read it: 1 HB or 1-2 MB or 1-2 FB, for a maximum drm of -2, and no mix of aircraft types.

3. In the french rulebook, the explanation is on the last page; it corresponds to the british vehicle plates color.
Armoured divisions: Armoured Brigade: red, Infantry Brigade: green.
Infantry divisions: Senior: red, 2nd: green, Junior: brown.
It has no influence on gameplay, it's for historical flavour.

4. What You can land in ports and beaches is limited by these two values:
stacking points in the left corner, and offensive markers.

5. Yes (except for turn 0). They just have to spend 4 (infantry) or 6 (armoured) MP to land on the beaches.
(landing via a port costs 0 MP).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.