British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marisue: 38
Terence: 31
Nichole: 26
Eric: 23

After the Mexica fiasco we decided to play a game of Citadels. Mostly because Eric had learned to play recently and wanted to play, but also because it seemed the sort of game that Nichole would excel at, since the prime goal (besides building 8 buildings) is to try really hard to make sure that nobody else can build 8 buildings.

And so we quickly went over the rules and got to citadel'ing. It took a couple of rounds for Nichole to really catch on to what was happening. On one of her first turns she built a green building. On the next turn she picked her role last, and chose the merchant. Since that got her some gold, she picked it the next time around as well "because it was familiar".

And then of course the usual Citadels type things happened during the game. Eric had built three green districts, so we laughed every time the merchant came as a face up card, and made sure that he couldn't get the merchant if we could help it.

A lot of backstabbing and thievery and everyone tried to double, triple and in one case quadruple guess what roles that people would pick. I managed to outsmart the thief and the assassin a couple of times by taking a role that was unexpected. Once this was due to my actually knowing what was going on. But for the most part my drummer just marches to a completely different beat, if you know what I mean.

Nearing the end of the game, Nichole came up with the Warlord. It was a little surprising that she did not take this role more, though in the early game there was a small bit of scrambling to be the bishop, just in case. When Eric saw that she had the Warlord, he excitely explained how she could destroy buildings, using his own buildings as an example. So Nichole destroyed one of his buildings. Everyone else laughed.

In the end, Marisue managed to plunk down the eighth district first. Eric and I also managed to build an eighth district. Marisue and I were the only two to have all five district types.

When everything was all tallied up, Marisue came out the winner!

We tried to convince people that they should play Diamant, since that seemed safe, and fun, and quick. But it was late and Eric needed to get home to his new guitar (purchased earlier that evening), and so we said our goodbyes and ended the game playing festivities for the night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.