Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) If someone drafted a die that has crystals and in the same round plays the Transmuter, can they transmute and get the bonus or only in future turns? We played that you can.

2) Transmuter and Steadfast Die is in play. That player drafts a die with crystal amount on it. He uses Steadfast to get a summoning level instead of the normal result. Can he still transmute and get the bonus? I'm guessing not since the Steadfast Die replaced the crystal result on the die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. i think so, too. because the effect type of Io's Transmuter is permanent so it affect your whole turn, not just when you choose your die

thx for pointing this out, i previously thought that i cant do that

2. this one i'm not sure. but if i'm reading the card text as it is..

Quote:
Steadfast Die
Instead of performing the actions indicated by your season die, you may choose one of the following actions..

Io's Transmuter
If your season die grant you crystals, you may transmute during your turn.

then since the die doesnt actually grant you crystal (because of using Steadfast Die effect) then Io's Transmuter effect shouldnt work here. but i'm just guessing here too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Anderson
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
1) If someone drafted a die that has crystals and in the same round plays the Transmuter, can they transmute and get the bonus or only in future turns? We played that you can.

2) Transmuter and Steadfast Die is in play. That player drafts a die with crystal amount on it. He uses Steadfast to get a summoning level instead of the normal result. Can he still transmute and get the bonus? I'm guessing not since the Steadfast Die replaced the crystal result on the die.

1) you are correct. The die still granted him crystals during his turn.

2) Also correct. Because the steadfast die says "INSTEAD OF using....", he would not be using the die at all. Ergo, the die never granted him anything, and would not let the transmuter proc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.