Subject: Give me your variants and you may get added as a contributor! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am seeking the opinions and ideas of all Plague players! I am getting close to launching a Kickstarter for Neptune the card game ( a space re-theme of Plague). I am eager to hear what changes people would make and what house rules they use? Maybe you setup the game differently. Maybe you score the game differently. Maybe you use different rules for certain cards. i want to hear what you have to say.

If your ideas make there way into the rules for Neptune, you will be cited as a contributor in both the booklet and on the KS page!

Neptune is not going to simply be a re-theme, but a streamlined and revised version of the game. Basically, I want to make the game better!

Please post all your thoughts and ideas here in this forum.

Thanks,

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: I have the First Edition of the game. Some of these "problems" may have been fixed in the Second Edition. If so, I was not aware.
Some basic things I would change/include are as follows:
•A Guide for each card and what it does. This could be an individual "reminder card," which has a picture of each card with a short explanation of what it does. Or a bigger sheet of paper (could be part of the rules) that shows all cards on the same page (same side), and gives a short description of each.
Another option is to just have text on each card explaining what it does, or easy-to-remember symbols that have basic functions that can be easily read and understood while playing the game.
-The reason for this being that it's difficult to remember what every card does, and the rules, as they stand now, aren't organized in a way where you can quickly look at them and see exactly what does what.

•A title for each card ("The Princess," "Mythical Beast," "Plague," etc.) on the cards themselves, so players don't have to look back at the rules or try to remember which is which, they have it right there in front of them.

•And some components-based things I'd like to see:
-More clearly worded rules, printed on nicer paper.
-A board-game-style box (like Zogar's Gaze) to make it more durable.

I understand these things require money, of course, it's just wishful thinking.

Hope this helps in some way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.