Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless specifically forbidden in the scenario special rules, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Rauch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply.
I kinda feel that it'd be easier for the Salemite player, since he can deploy the minitures in front of the target floor elements.
I thought that the Norad would earns MPs even if the rooms are destroyed by the Salemite.
Maybe I have to try some games to see how things work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
fuchsundbrunnen wrote:
I kinda feel that it'd be easier for the Salemite player, since he can deploy the minitures in front of the target floor elements.

Even if you deploy the characters in front of a floor element, it's not always smart (or easy to do). If I remember right, most are helpful to the Salemite player as well, and if he destroys them, he can no longer benefit from them. Also, it's difficult to do. He'll probably have to strike hard, which means that he is using up the characters CP limit and using up those precious action tiles that have 3 or 4 for Hand to Hand Combat. So, often, I'll want to use those CPs and action tiles for fighting the enemy. Ah, dilemma.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
fuchsundbrunnen wrote:

Even if you deploy the characters in front of a floor element, it's not always smart (or easy to do). If I remember right, most are helpful to the Salemite player as well, and if he destroys them, he can no longer benefit from them. Also, it's difficult to do. He'll probably have to strike hard, which means that he is using up the characters CP limit and using up those precious action tiles that have 3 or 4 for Hand to Hand Combat. So, often, I'll want to use those CPs and action tiles for fighting the enemy. Ah, dilemma. :)

Yes exactly. I wasted a lot of valuable actions just trying to smash the Missile Room the other day. While some characters can do that easily that is not true for most of them. The opportunity cost of destruction can be very high. Also some key rooms, such as the generator, can't be destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.