Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: The Down side to playing more than one game at once...increased Risk of this: rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
mb
I always issue my death threats before there might be any misunderstanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Runolfsson
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The door is a jar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the broads have yet to mess up a wargame on me. Though my mother did it to my cousin. BUT when I were a lad my mother and grand mother routinely dicked up my room. Then later wife dicking up office. Not to mention the whole thing about females just plain going through my crap. I don't go through their crap I do not want to know what is in their purse or closet so why can't they stay the hell out of my stuff? And don't even get me on the food stealing part, they insist they don't want fries so I don't get them for them. Then they eat half of my fries. They say they don't want a drink then drink mine. I would not go quite this far but one of my friends once opined, "if it were not for sex there would be a bounty on them."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Aurora
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LanceRunolfsson wrote:
Well the broads have yet to mess up a wargame on me. Though my mother did it to my cousin. BUT when I were a lad my mother and grand mother routinely dicked up my room. Then later wife dicking up office. Not to mention the whole thing about females just plain going through my crap. I don't go through their crap I do not want to know what is in their purse or closet so why can't they stay the hell out of my stuff? And don't even get me on the food stealing part, they insist they don't want fries so I don't get them for them. Then they eat half of my fries. They say they don't want a drink then drink mine. I would not go quite this far but one of my friends once opined, "if it were not for sex there would be a bounty on them."

Wow. You need a hug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McBride
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the flames from your Twilight Struggle session might have jumped to one of your other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
mb
gvchief wrote:
LanceRunolfsson wrote:

Wow. You need a hug.

Or to stop being whipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Seeley
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I have noticed over my years of wargaming
is that people that know nothing about wargames do
not realize that having each counter exactly in it's
correct location is critical to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ward
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
God help us if facing or step losses are involved...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Who's the master?
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
They should have blamed the cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I once left a newish girlfriend alone in my apartment while I went off to work. She thought it would be a nice surprise for me if she "tided up". Took all my wargames that had been stored horizontally and turned them vertically so they'd look better on the shelf. And all of those thousands of counters neatly sorted into trays without lids went south....

I was literally speechless while she proudly waited for my reaction to my reorganized book/game shelf.

Ended up marrying her, and I think I've got all those games straightened out again. I think...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer on the CV by Poll game. I thought that was a very interesting idea, one that I'd still like to participate in some day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Runolfsson
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The door is a jar.
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
I once left a newish girlfriend alone in my apartment while I went off to work. She thought it would be a nice surprise for me if she "tided up". Took all my wargames that had been stored horizontally and turned them vertically so they'd look better on the shelf. And all of those thousands of counters neatly sorted into trays without lids went south....

I was literally speechless while she proudly waited for my reaction to my reorganized book/game shelf.

Ended up marrying her, and I think I've got all those games straightened out again. I think...

My Wife is mostly a big help even paints miniatures for me. . But she hit me with a double whammy when packing for a convention as a dealer one time. For some reason inexplicably flipped a stack of SPI flat packs upside down before loading them in to the truck. Then "straightened" all of the flails on a Hussite army. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You should require them to roll for desperation morale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magister Ludi
Australia
Fremantle
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Roll low!
badge
You are a paradox to me, a contradiction You're a predicament for me, and a prediction
mbmbmbmbmb
The cleaning lady should be forced to play the Italians in your next game of Balkan Front as punishment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
LanceRunolfsson wrote:

My wife one time tried to organize my office, and she put some important papers "away" and I never found them again. I was so angry I "yelled" at her, which consisted of telling her in a calm voice not to rearrange or organize my office that i put things in specific spots.

Since then she hasn't touched my stuff, which is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LanceRunolfsson wrote:
And don't even get me on the food stealing part, they insist they don't want fries so I don't get them for them. Then they eat half of my fries.

That is just part of life. When my wife does that, I find it cute (that's not really the right word, but I don't know what other word fits).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Rice
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bob_santafe wrote:
LanceRunolfsson wrote:
And don't even get me on the food stealing part, they insist they don't want fries so I don't get them for them. Then they eat half of my fries.

That is just part of life. When my wife does that, I find it cute (that's not really the right word, but I don't know what other word fits).

I've always referred to it as the big dog/little dog theory: the big dog eats the little dog's food to show it who's boss, even if it doesn't really want or need it. You're the little dog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Rice
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife knows exactly how important each and every piece is. She never touches a thing on my table, unless we are painting or playing Star Wars: X-Wing together. And woe betide anyone who bumps one of her starfighters out of position!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is so disinterested in my wargames she doesn't trouble herself to mess with them. I've had more issues with the kids when they were smaller. I have run into Kev's problem before with cleaning lady, but not on the scale he experienced.

As to the wife saying she doesn;t want fries then eats half of yours; how many times does that have to happen before you learn not to ask her if she wants her own and just get her her own. My wife will say she isn;t hungry and will just have some of mine. Uh....No...order a dinner and what I don;t eat of hers goes home in a doggy bag for the teenagers. There are secrets to staying blissfully married 21 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
gohrns wrote:
My wife is so disinterested in my wargames she doesn't trouble herself to mess with them. I've had more issues with the kids when they were smaller. I have run into Kev's problem before with cleaning lady, but not on the scale he experienced.

As to the wife saying she doesn;t want fries then eats half of yours; how many times does that have to happen before you learn not to ask her if she wants her own and just get her her own. My wife will say she isn;t hungry and will just have some of mine. Uh....No...order a dinner and what I don;t eat of hers goes home in a doggy bag for the teenagers. There are secrets to staying blissfully married 21 years.

Wise man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that I have said this before, but it won't stop me saying it again:

My first wife said that I was spending far too much money on my Napoleonic wargame figures and actually gave me an ultimatum that, "Either the figures go or I do."

My second wife is much more amenable.

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
One Fixed......eyeing CV and wondering if it is worth it, I might have an alternate solution for the PbP players.

Good news is I found a error in the Mx fortress line on the Bulgarian border! so whoot for me.

Thanks for all the comments, it is pretty funny really when you think about it. It is not often that 4 games are put in jeopardy in one house within a small window of time!

I may nick name the cleaners The Devastators in honor of the CV debacle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THIS MEANS WAR!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
I drink and I know things
badge
Night gathers and now my watch begins
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a game with a guy yesterday. When we finished the game (his game, playing at his house) he picked up the plexi and just poured all the units into the box in a big mess. Needless to say I was speechless! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
billyboy wrote:
I just played a game with a guy yesterday. When we finished the game (his game, playing at his house) he picked up the plexi and just poured all the units into the box in a big mess. Needless to say I was speechless! shake

hahahahahahahahahahaha. Love it. Shy sort today what you can sort tomorrow.

NExt time, let him win, see what he does!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
I drink and I know things
badge
Night gathers and now my watch begins
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
billyboy wrote:

hahahahahahahahahahaha. Love it. Shy sort today what you can sort tomorrow.

NExt time, let him win, see what he does!

Throw all the counters in the air and shout hip, hip, hooray! ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.