Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Appears on cards for both the Hunters and Dracula. How does this work exactly? When must the p[layer in question reveal the info? For Dracula, it could be as simple as playing his card face up. but that's not how I've played it. I played that then and there, I had to say where I was moving next. If this card came up after the first Hunter's turn, the others could converge on that spot. For the Hunters it makes sense that they say at that moment, "I'm moving to Tolouse next move". Just wondering how others play it.

Also, how does this work with Unearthly Swiftness? I was overruled that I would have to reveal both moves, even though I felt, given the wording ot the card, I would reveal where I was going, then go there, then my second movement would NOT be subject to the restriction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats a good question. I play that both the hunter and Dracula have to state their next move as soon as the event card is played against them. I also play that under the circumstance where any card allowing dracula 2 moves is played, he should only have to reveal his next move (singular), not both. Of course I have no idea of the official rulings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
voynix wrote:
I play that both the hunter and Dracula have to state their next move as soon as the event card is played against them. I also play that under the circumstance where any card allowing dracula 2 moves is played, he should only have to reveal his next move (singular), not both. Of course I have no idea of the official rulings.

Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
The intent of the card is to have Dracula play his next movement card face up. The problem is if Dracula must tell the Hunters where he is moving to next turn it allows the hunters a 2 move advantage, especially if the first hunter going gets the card. Dracula declares his next move, the hunters go and then after Dracula moves they get a second move towards the same location.

The intent of the card was to have Dracula place his next card face up, not to give the Hunters in effect a 2 turn advantage on knowing where he will be going on turn 1 and then where he is on the next turn as well. That's almost a game winning advantage on one card because the hunters with 2 turns to move towards the location can surround Dracula.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
When I (as Dracula) am forced to "reveal my next move", I simply say "I'll play Hide" (or Feed or Dark Call, choosing the one more appropriate to the situation). That gives no hints at all to the Hunters about my position. sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
The intent of the card is to have Dracula play his next movement card face up. The problem is if Dracula must tell the Hunters where he is moving to next turn it allows the hunters a 2 move advantage, especially if the first hunter going gets the card. Dracula declares his next move, the hunters go and then after Dracula moves they get a second move towards the same location.

The intent of the card was to have Dracula place his next card face up, not to give the Hunters in effect a 2 turn advantage on knowing where he will be going on turn 1 and then where he is on the next turn as well. That's almost a game winning advantage on one card because the hunters with 2 turns to move towards the location can surround Dracula.

Well that was my thinking as well. Wonder if we are correct. Anyone seen if there is any "official" FAQ or errata for this game yet at FFG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

When a card is played upon you to force you to reveal your next move, you must _immediately_ state what your next move will be, and you cannot change your mind. In Dracula's case, he then plays his next card face up, to confirm that he did indeed move where he said he would.

If a Hunter wants to move by rail on the next turn when forced to reveal his next move, he must state where he will move for each possible move given by the railroad die (0, 1, 2, or 2/3).

-Kevin Wilson
Fantasy Flight Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
KevinW wrote:
If a Hunter wants to move by rail on the next turn when forced to reveal his next move, he must state where he will move for each possible move given by the railroad die (0, 1, 2, or 2/3).

Is ok if the Hunter is forced to roll immediately the train dice and say where is going to move?

And is ok if Dracula simply says he is going to play Hide or Feed or Dark Call, without effectively say 'where' is is going to go (Luke the Flaming post)? I think this is pretty unfair, since Dracula will always be not a target of those cards.

Tnx Mr.Wilson!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Zem. wrote:
Is ok if the Hunter is forced to roll immediately the train dice and say where is going to move?

I wouldn't allow this. It gives too much information to Dracula AND to the other players ("so we know that Mina won't reach Paris... I'll go there then").

Zem. wrote:
And is ok if Dracula simply says he is going to play Hide or Feed or Dark Call, without effectively say 'where' is is going to go (Luke the Flaming post)? I think this is pretty unfair, since Dracula will always be not a target of those cards.

Dracula shouldn't be forced to play "fairly".
He's the Prince of Darkness, isn't he?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:
Zem. wrote:

I wouldn't allow this. It gives too much information to Dracula AND to the other players ("so we know that Mina won't reach Paris... I'll go there then").

I see, but isn't it the meaning of those cards: to know where a player is about to go?

Luke the Flaming wrote:
Zem. wrote:

Dracula shouldn't be forced to play "fairly".
He's the Prince of Darkness, isn't he?

If you're right, well, why do those cards exist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if Dracula hides, he would still have to reveal his location.

Specifically, hide is a power not a location. If you are in London, and intend to stay there, you must state you will be in London, and reveal the London card. Revealing the London card means you must also reveal the hide card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.