Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Goose
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night my friend Duncan and I tried out a 2-player game of Abenteuer Menschheit (I've got the German edition, with Alan How's translation of the rules), the first opportunity for me to have a look at the Essen 2005 purchase. As a 2-player game we weren't expecting a competitive game, more a familiarisation with the rules and the mechanics.

The upshot of this session is three questions about the rules:

1. Assuming that you don't have a "Nourishment" development, one Meat card allows a Nomad to move 2 spaces. Can the Nomad move only 1 space (ie stopping when he reaches a People Chip, for example) or does he have to use up all the movement points?

2. If you have a "Nourishment" development, this allows a Nomad to move 3 spaces (or 4, or 5, etc) for one Meat card. Does this increase in the movement allowance apply to each Meat card played, such that the first Meat card allows a Nomad to move 3 (for example) spaces, and then the next Meat card allows the Nomad (or another Nomad) to move another 3 spaces?

3. Is the 75 minutes playing time quoted on the box a good estimate?

Cheers

Shandazar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I remember all that.

1) no, you don't have to use all your movement points.

2) If I remember right, each noamd many only move once per turn. If you have the movement development than spending a meat allows a single nomad to move the extra spaces based on the development level, for each additional meat spent for that nomad in a single turn, it may move an additional space. If you have a second nomad then you must spend meat(s) independently for it using the same above rules.

3) for experienced player that is a good average time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall if a Nomad is only allowed one movement per turn or not. I'm also playing from an english translation of the german rules so that rule might have been missed.

Otherwise I'm in complete and unqualified agreement with the answers given.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding Explorer movement, according to Mayfair's "Settlers of the Stone Age" rules: Explorers can move a maximum of 2+X spaces per Meat card played (where X is your position on the green development track.) A player may play as many Meat cards as he wishes, and multiple Meat cards can be combined into a single "move", allowing Explorers to move through occupied spaces they would otherwise be unable to stop on.

Time-wise, we play a 3-player game in a little over an hour. 4-player takes just over 2 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.