Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the basic set done and submitted to the BGG Gods. I will knock out the Master set tomorrow. Follows are screen caps of the boxes so you guys can see what you are getting. Not really happy with the pic on the character box but I didn't have any decent scans and had to grab them from photos.

Feel free to give me your thoughts and opinions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Davis
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These really look nice, Jarrett. But, I am sleeping my cards, so I'll wait for the sleeved version. Nicely done!

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
These look great. Thanks for your hard work!

When you say Master Set, do you mean just the cards from the Master Set or will they be tuckboxes that will hold matching Basic and Master Set cards together(e.g. characters from both sets, challenges from both sets, etc.)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wheelockian wrote:
These look great. Thanks for your hard work!

When you say Master Set, do you mean just the cards from the Master Set or will they be tuckboxes that will hold matching Basic and Master Set cards together(e.g. characters from both sets, challenges from both sets, etc.)?

Well due to the number of cards I am going to break them out. There will be a single tuckbox for Secret cards for instance, and elites and Guardians broken out by era, probably multiple tuckboxes (looking at 2-3) for the common, and I may break the Character tuckbox out by era. Just had to resubmit as I noticed I screwed up the treasure box when I went to double check it (for some reason I glossed over the inclusion of the secret cards in the basic set when I was double checking all the measurements).

But to answer you question which I think just sunk into my thick skull the master set tuckboxes will hold both basic and master. These are for those people who ONLY have the basic set. Sorry I'm a bit out of it after focusing on this.

As for sleeved, I'll have sleeved boxes done in about a month (when my wife let's me spend money on sleeves), but if someone wants to do them before they are welcome to use my work and I'll be happy to send them my existing image work.

Anyways my wife is waiting on our next game of DoA so I am off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. You definitely answered my question.

Just got my Basic and Master sets yesterday. Perfect timing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think one box for all the common cards would be ok, or possibly just split it into two piles but not based on anything.

As for characters just the same (I don't know how necessary one even is.)

Why? Because it's not "in the game" for them to be sorted and you'll want to shuffle them later anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Feeling lucky punk? Well, do ya?
mbmbmbmbmb
For me personally it works better to have the common cards split into two and also the characters. They fit better in the box with the gmt games counter box I'm using for the counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just submitted file 1 for the Basic + Master set, once it gets approves I will upload file 2 so they should all be on one page.

File 1 is all of the regular sized cards, and file 2 is the 4 character card boxes. And while I understand normally you will want to shuffle the decks, around here we tend to play "When World's Collide" type games where we pick a specific era for our team to be from. Plus I am CDO about organizing my stuff . Plus as Chris it is easier to fit them in the boxes all nice and neat (especially with there being something like 192 common treasure cards alone between basic and master).

But basically with the Master + Basic it works out to:

2 Common Treasure Boxes
2 Secret Treasure Boxes
1 Henchman Box
1 Elite Treasure Box
1 box for each of the Guardians (1 each for Future, Ancient, Modern, Colonial)
1 box each for the 2 challenge decks
1 box each for each era of character cards

Edit: Plus I just tried to make a tuckbox for all character cards in one... Turns out 80mm x 120mm x 64mm is too big, even for landscaped legal .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could Brett possibly offer a high resolution front and backside of the box and card backsides for the same usage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
Could Brett possibly offer a high resolution front and backside of the box and card backsides for the same usage?

Well the backside of the box is the one posted here, and the card backsides are directly from him and what I am suppositioning as either the originals used for the cards, or proofs. They are also around 2MB per so they are fairly high resolution. Keep in mind BGG also has a recommended file size of under 5MB, you can submit more than 5MB but often times the site will time out on the upload. I managed to upload the 5MB basic file (zipped 5MB) but when I went to upload the Master + Basic set all together (which was between 6-7) it timed out so I had to break it up. So there are limits to what can be done with the images in regards to quality .

And note I didn't change the quality of any of the images, I used all the original jpgs that were sent, and when I did the editing of them I left them at 100% quality. Which particular ones are you seeing issues with?

Edit: Also just verified the image off of the Hi-Res rulebook downloaded off of their site is lower quality than the image used in this one (629x811 vs. 960x965)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen any issues but I too want tuckboxes but I've sleeved mine and I haven't sleeved them all in FFG sleeves and I can't really expect to have tuckboxes made for all combinations I suppose.

Also his box images are perfect whereas my photos are not so he likely used the original graphics but scaled down. He can likely give very high quality which look better cut or whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
I haven't seen any issues but I too want tuckboxes but I've sleeved mine and I haven't sleeved them all in FFG sleeves and I can't really expect to have tuckboxes made for all combinations I suppose.

Also his box images are perfect whereas my photos are not so he likely used the original graphics but scaled down. He can likely give very high quality which look better cut or whatever.

Oh heck, if that is all you want I can zip up and send you the image files I have and used. Geek mail me your email and I'll send you the images and the link to the tool I used to make them.

Edit: Heck if you want to send me just the width, height and depth of the cards and decks in mm I'll knock out a set. I know you just have the basic, but I should be able to divide by count to find out the thickness of each one with the sleeves and also do a master as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Master + Basic Approved, part 2 (the character boxes) have been uploaded and awaiting approval.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.