Subject: Just my luck! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Piepho
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I finally (after approx. 20 attempts using only cards from the Core Set)get to Level 3b of the Journey Down the Anduin. My threat is at 44, and I finish off all the enemies except for the Wargs. For 6 rounds, I engage them and they attack first. Since they didn't get a shadow card on their attack, they return to the staging area.....6 consecutive times! I had used all 3 Gandalfs, and a Son of Anor didn't come up in those draws during the Resources round, so I came close, but lacked the good fortune to finally put this scenario behind me. How close can you come??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, those Wargs are the worst when you get them in that situation. Very annoying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Anderson
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skystalker wrote:
So, I finally (after approx. 20 attempts using only cards from the Core Set)get to Level 3b of the Journey Down the Anduin. My threat is at 44, and I finish off all the enemies except for the Wargs. For 6 rounds, I engage them and they attack first. Since they didn't get a shadow card on their attack, they return to the staging area.....6 consecutive times! I had used all 3 Gandalfs, and a Son of Anor didn't come up in those draws during the Resources round, so I came close, but lacked the good fortune to finally put this scenario behind me. How close can you come??

I find pretty much everything impossible to solo except Passage Through Mirkwood. You got further than I ever have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
NO no is not impossible at all. I win all quests in the game solo (Dol-Guldor nightmare mode still not).
You can look here mu video solo session with different decks and quests:

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glaurung2 wrote:
NO no is not impossible at all. I win all quests in the game solo (Dol-Guldor nightmare mode still not).
You can look here mu video solo session with different decks and quests:

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd

I think Mark meant with cards from the core set, only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dol Goldor is possible with one base game only, but it requires the perfect deck and a lot of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.