Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is kind of a slightly different recommendations request. I've recently "discovered" The Game Crafter and I didn't realize that they have a lot of interesting looking games for sale.

I know they're a "print-on-demand" company, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some games that they like from their website, seeing as how they're mostly likely not going to get major distribution through a bigger publisher.

I've already purchased the Decktet and Suited Chips to go along with it, but any other opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
See: The Game Crafter Games That Have Caught My Eye.

My blog has a few related blog entries, which I have categorized: http://boardgamegeek.com/blogcategory/1990/the-game-crafter

There is also Games you can order at thegamecrafter.com, which could probably use more additions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Septyn
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
SEKRIT MESSAGE SSSHHHHHHHHH
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Jump Gate after I learned it was GAMES Magazine Game of the Year. It's a decent game that I could stand to get some more plays of.

I too have bought the Decktet and some suit chips from TGC. Several decks, in fact. Quality seems to have remained consistant.

I have also bought a Fanucci deck beacause hey, fromps are cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently looked into TGC website to publish one of mine. I've noticed that not only do they publish some very good games, but they also have a bulk order concept to work with. I've seen TGC used to publish games that have had a successful Kickstarter as well. The only qualm I would have is the boxes are not extra sturdy, so don't put games on top of them, speaking from someone who knows someone who had such an experience.

They have boards, wooden bits (sorry, no camels , plastic bits, dice (add stickers to blank dice for unique), tiles (hex and square), thin chits, boxes with your pictures on them, etc. It has most everything to get a good game out of, just have to weed through the other stuff or log in and ask in their chat room where the designers themselves are, and quite willing to send you to a good game (most likely, theirs!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Discussing Retailers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Moved to Discussing Retailers

Thanks, but I really was asking more about game "recommendations" than anything pertaining to Game Crafter as a retailer necessarily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmb
I have purchased and enjoyed the following games from Game Crafters.
Flash Point: Fire Rescue - The original but no longer available from the site.
Decktet
The Experiment - Posted a review of it here.
Seppuku - Posted a review of it here.

Hope you find something you like and will share your experience with the community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Father Geek has reviewed a bunch of TGC games. Here is the full geeklist of his reviews: Game Reviews by Father Geek. I don't know how to identify which of those are TGC, however. Perhaps he could be persuaded to put together a TGC-specific list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.