Popular Tags: [View All]
andrea melegari
Italy
parma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
I played my 3rd game yesterday. I really liked the game i think it' s great to experience the feeling of a complete game packed in 15 min.
However my gaming buddies complained that the re are not enough " ship" card to make the game more dynamic.
It's often difficult to reach another continent and it's quite Commonwealth to see a lot of armies in the starting region.

So i was thinking how if you can spend the land movement card to move across the seas? Two or three movements land points = 1 movement across the sea.

This should make the game a lot more dynamic...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually like the balance with the sea vs. land cards. Too many sea cards makes it too easy to get out to the islands. The islands have a big reward because they count as a continent (1pt at the end of the game) and it requires planning, often times across multiple turns, to get your armies out to those islands. However, I am not against house rules myself to alter a game to match ones preferences so I will offer a suggestion and see what you think.

One of the boards, might be the reverse side of the Europe expansion board (I forget exactly which board at the moment), allows you to convert a land movement card into a sea movement by paying an extra coin. I think this works well because it leverages the depletion of a resource that can't be replenished (coins), whereas as 2:1 or 3:1 conversion, while costly, doesn't deplete a resource and doesn't impose a longer term resource management issue whereas additional coin costs do impose this which necessitates a deeper longer term strategy* compared to a 2:1 or 3:1 conversion cost. Just something to consider. If you find the conversion works better and you have some good reasons for it you should report back here with your findings.

*I use the phrase 'deeper longer term strategy' here somewhat ironically given that this is a short game...it is eight-minute empire after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.