Subject: More than two Cylon Attack Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip T
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I played a vanilla BSG game yesterday, I haven't played without expansions in a long time so we use the Cylon Attack Crisis Cards to get new toasters on the game board. At one point we drew a third Cylon Attack Card and I for some reason had feeling that you discard any cylon attack card over two card. We kept that card but it bothered me, I checked the rules and googled a bit and I can't find anything about it. I'm starting to think I remembered incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no restriction on CAC's. When you draw one, perform as much of the setup as you can.

Getting three CAC's in a row (or with short intervals) is the number one reason for overwhelmingly desperate situations in the base game. Usually the game ends soon after. (* See below)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? Games end at 3 CACs? Usually the third CAC places very little anymore. I have won numerous games as humans where we got hosed with CACs. It is just a question of juggling the civvies using Communications (which makes Jammed Assault the ugliest CAC besides Massive Attack).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the intervals, like you have just struggled to jump and get another CAC.. And we were so new with the game then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind closely spaced CACs, what I mind is entire jump cycles without a single Cylon ship. I played a game where we drew only 2 CACs the entire game (one might have been a super crisis, I don't remember).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Alexander
United Kingdom
Accrington
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if alot of CACs come out early in quick succession, it can actually benefit the humans.
It forces any hidden cylons to actually help the humans, think about it,
if just one come out on its own, then the group can split, say you two concentrate on dealing with that while we do this.
But when so many come out in succession, everyone has to help to their most able, meaning if a hidden cylon wants to remain hidden, then they have to help too.
If the humans survive the CACs, then the rest of the game can become quite easy going for them.

Now, when multiple CACs come out late in the game, that's what the cylons want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j0rdan wrote:
I think if alot of CACs come out early in quick succession, it can actually benefit the humans.
It forces any hidden cylons to actually help the humans, think about it,
if just one come out on its own, then the group can split, say you two concentrate on dealing with that while we do this.
But when so many come out in succession, everyone has to help to their most able, meaning if a hidden cylon wants to remain hidden, then they have to help too.
If the humans survive the CACs, then the rest of the game can become quite easy going for them.

Now, when multiple CACs come out late in the game, that's what the cylons want.

An alternative interpretation of that scenario is that the hidden Cylons should take the opportunity to pile on and help the sabotage effort rather than throwing the game to the humans. Depending on your reveal power and the situation, that could mean revealing or it could mean actively sabotaging and forcing the other players to choose between neutralising you or dealing with the Cylon ships...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
An alternative interpretation of that scenario is that the hidden Cylons should take the opportunity to pile on and help the sabotage effort rather than throwing the game to the humans. Depending on your reveal power and the situation, that could mean revealing or it could mean actively sabotaging and forcing the other players to choose between neutralising you or dealing with the Cylon ships...

This is exactly what happened in BSG PBF 335. I usually love to play the long game, but we soft revealed early by using communications and then stayed human, just being annoying. It wasn't even close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.