Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul O'Connor
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought FD Mini months ago as a point of entry to my large and largely unplayed FD collection. It has sat on my shelf at work since then, but finally got on the table for a longish lunch session today.

Overall, I think I like it a bit better than the parent game. It plays quicker and I find the systems are cleaner. I do miss the depth and complexity of the larger tracks, but speed of play counts for a lot and for now at least I'd rather run three laps on a small and simple track than a single lap on one of the full tracks. It remains to be seen if this game will hold our attention long enough to consider migrating to the full game.

As the most experienced player I of course failed to win, and was in fact the only one who managed to actually destroy a car before going the distance. Rory placed 1st & 5th, Tiege was 2nd & 4th, while I was 3rd & 6, so I finished last in points no matter how you slice it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heinzmann
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I too prefer the mini ver of Formula De, it plays quicker and with my friends and their short attention span this is needed to play a game with them. I don't know how well this game has sold but I never see one in the stores anymore, and I am waiting on tracks for mini to come out. Anyone try 'mini' rules on the full sized tracks and with 6th gear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.