Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Just bought the game and started looking at the rules, when I struck the Other World rule.

The text says that you place th OW card bellow the six adventures. What does it means?

1- You add a 7th place in the museum, where 6 are for areas in it, and 1 is for OW?

2- You place the OW card literaly bellow one of the location cards? How to resolve this?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first. So there are now 7 adventures. And if you add a second other World, there would now be 8.

The reason it's written that way is just to indicate that the Other World is in addition to the normal 6 adventures, not instead of one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks, Mark L!

I'm still reading the rules, but the game seems a LOT easier than Arkham Horror!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
xipuloxx wrote:
The first. So there are now 7 adventures. And if you add a second other World, there would now be 8.

The reason it's written that way is just to indicate that the Other World is in addition to the normal 6 adventures, not instead of one of them.

Agreed. The purpose is to put the Other World cards into play without getting them confused with (or replacing) the regular Adventure location cards. I usually put the Other World cards to the right of, rather than below, the regular 6 Adventure cards because it fits on my table better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
[______|_hi]
badge
[intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
xipuloxx wrote:

Agreed. The purpose is to put the Other World cards into play without getting them confused with (or replacing) the regular Adventure location cards. I usually put the Other World cards to the right of, rather than below, the regular 6 Adventure cards because it fits on my table better.

There is a card in the Mythos Deck that instruct to put in play a seventh "normal" (non-otherworld) adventure; it is an extra adventure just like the others, but is not replaced with another one when completed (just the six... standard... are replaced, to have always six of them in play).

If I remember well it uses the same expression ("below") to indicate just that: it is not to be confused with a standard adventure, because this one will not be replaced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.