Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
590 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] | 

Fury of Dracula (Second Edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Fury of Dracula PBF #47: Minions of Khorne, blood for the blood god ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed that the PBF section of FoD kinda stalled, I'm currently on the list myself and would like to get back into some more FoD games. I've been doing some BSG PBF moderating before, but I've zero experience in this case.

If you're not put off by this and would like to join this game, feel free. I'll respect the waiting list, but you won't get "bad marks" if you don't join. Some of you will have alot more experience at playing the game than I do so feel free to correct me during the game, and go easy on me when I make mistakes. This is our agreement.

I'll go with the ruling that Klaus uses for this PBF games (shamelessly stolen as tradition dictates):

A note on event cards, and Conditional Orders - since there's the possibility that even the first event card that is kept by a player could either be Good Luck or Devilish Power, we're going to have to wait for a response from the other side whenever an event gets played. Straightforward enough for Dracula - but waiting for all 4 hunters to respond can take a while, even at the best of times. My policy for this is the following:

Any hunter player can pass for the group.

As soon as I have one or two such passes, I'll continue the game. This should suffice to prevent any hasty mistakes. Don't be coy when a situation comes up where you want another hunter to play a certain event - Dracula will usually be able to discern which one you're talking about from the context anyways.

Unless you let me know you're opposed to this, I'll allow your fellow hunters to play certain events (or items) from your hand by proxy if the situation warrants it, such as Escape Route or Advance Planning. This is intended to speed up the game if you don't check in very frequently. As soon as even one hunter dissents on such a decision, I'll wait for the owner of the card for the final word.

Unless I receive a CO to the contrary, I will always reveal hunter items when doing so would be beneficial. Crucifix against Quincey or New Vampires, Pistol/Rifle against Wolves, etc. If you wan't to keep your items hidden, let me know beforehand. In the case of Quincey, I'll send out a GM at the time, to remind you of that.

Here's how I rule, in case of ambiguities; Thanks to dave65tdh for greatly expanding the list. Note that my rulings are occasionally different than his.

1) I'm going to allow Customs Search to be played on Dracula's current location, if there are no encounters there.

2) A fled New Vampire won't end the hunter's turn.

3) If Dracula gets the Fangs or Escape as Bat special move, a Hide power card gets removed from the trail if the location where it was played gets replaced. All other power cards stay. If there is no legal move available for Dracula, he stays in place.

4) If Relentless Minion gets played, only the outcome of the second combat will decide what happens to the encounter token, and the rest of the hunter's turn.

5) Hired Scouts or Telegraph Ahead won't reveal a Hide card, or the encounter on it.

6) Mina may choose to draw only an item in a small city.

7) There are some rules ambiguities on how Customs Search and Sense of Emergency interact.
This is my interpretation: A hunter is susceptible to Customs Search when he:
-uses SoE to travel from a Western city to an Eastern city or vice versa.
-uses SoE to travel from the sea to land.
-uses SoE to travel to or from an island.

8) If a Hunter is under control of the Bats encounter, Dracula may choose not to move the Hunter (and cannot move him through the roadblock).

9) If Dracula plays Unearthly Swiftness, only 1 Encounter can be matured (If it's the second encounter, the first may be placed in the Catacombs.)

10) If Sensationalist Press is played when a hunter draws Hired Scouts, the Encounter will still be revealed. (As well as which location in the trail it is on, naturally.)

11) Wild Horses can only be played on the turn a hunter has moved to Dracula's current location. If the hunter is sent to a city with an encounter, it is resolved normally. Only Van Helsing may Rest or Resupply afterwards.

12) Heroic Leap cannot be used when Vampire Lair is resolved.

13) Sense of Emergency, Excellent Weather, and Fast Horse cannot be used by a Hunter Group.

14) All cards are drawn 1 at a time. Any ‘Play Immediately’ or ‘Ally’ card must be fully dealt with before going on. Players may reduce down to their hand limits after drawing all ‘Keep’ cards.

14) Players may use a Resolve action and as many ‘play at the start of their turn, or movement’ cards as they have, in any order. Once they begin their movement, the start of their turn is over.

I may have left out something, feel free to ask if you have a particular concern. If I notice a rules ambiguity during the game, I'll do my best to inform the players of my ruling for that situation beforehand.

Invited as the brave hunters:

oldpear - In!
Jez5 - In!
greenvoid - In! Statalyzer - In!
redshark92 - In!

And welcoming as Dracula:

leafboy - In!

Chernozub -> No response

Alternates for the Hunters:

Enigman138 - In!

Rules Change:

As has become customary, I give you the option to play with slightly modified hunter allies. The majority decides:

Jonathan Harker: While this card remains in play, the sixth card (to the left) in Dracula's Trail and the encounter on it are always revealed.

Sister Agatha: While this card is in play, Dracula must pay 1 blood to play Escape as Man, and 2 blood to play Escape as Bat or Escape as Mist.

Poll will open once the players are finalized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, I'll join in.

I've played this a lot, so I'll let the other three guys have their pick of characters first and will take whichever one is left.

I've modded this before, so if you need any tips on that part, feel free to ask.

But I think you'll be OK: FOD has fewer moving parts and things to track than BSG, so if you can handle that, you can handle this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also OK with the Ally changes. I have not played with either variant, so I'm curious to see how they affect things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe O'Donnell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. I'll take Mina if that's OK. Never played her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome, will be nice to get some FoD PBF games running again.

Dracula needs his fresh share of blood after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Cox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood...god? Sorry. The blood stays here with me. Perhaps I should bite this "blood god" and show him what true hunger for blood is...

I'm in as an alternate for Dracula if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Maximilian
Australia
Spring Hill
Queensland
flag msg tools
Sure thing, count me in! Will be good to get a few games going. I'm rather new to BGG, by the way, but I've been playing FoD for a little while now (it was surprisingly hard to get ahold of a copy!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in as an alternate for the Hunters, but WBC starts up in a week so I'd be spotty up until August 5th or so (granted the 1st few moves are generally not too hard to plot out on limited time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the last login time of both Jez5 and greenvoid, you might as well start discussing who is going to be who. Big chance our alternate hunters will join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez Poland
msg tools
And suprise

Welcome everybody. I am surely willing to join the game. First game on BGG for me, but I am sure it will be interesting.

Rules change is ok for me - the game may be more intresting.

Want to play as Lord Godalming if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Maximilian
Australia
Spring Hill
Queensland
flag msg tools
Rules change is fine with me. I always did think that Sister Agatha was overpowered. I have no preference for hunter, although I would probably lean away from Miss Harker on my first outing here. Van Helsing, perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid that you won't be playing in this game Enigman138 since Jez5 joined us. There is always a next time ofcourse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Maximilian
Australia
Spring Hill
Queensland
flag msg tools
All good Feel free to look me up again when you need a hunter (or Dracula! devil )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
György Bartók
Hungary
flag msg tools
mb
I'm in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like we have four Hunters now. Like I said, I am happy with any of the Hunter characters, so you three can decide which ones you want and I'll take the one that's left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome hunters, glad you've made it after all !

Just Dracula now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez Poland
msg tools

According to the posts:

oldpear - Mina Harker
Jez5 - Lord Godalming
greenvoid - ???
redshark92 - Anyone

So greenvoid - Helsing or Seward ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I think we've waited long enough.

Lets welcome leafboy as Dracula !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So greenvoid, which character will you pick?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets create the poll:

Poll
Do you want to play with modified hunter allies?
Yes
No
Don't care
      5 answers
Poll created by Gridash

Also I recommend subscribing to this thread. I expect you to check in at least once each day, preferably more so we can keep the game upto speed.

(Subscribing is done by clicking the subscribe button below the topic of this thread)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe O'Donnell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all. Busy busy busy at work and just forgot to check in. Hope you weren't waiting on me to vote. Anyway, my preferences are in, I'll check in more often, and I'm ready for some vampire hunting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oldpear wrote:
Hello all. Busy busy busy at work and just forgot to check in. Hope you weren't waiting on me to vote. Anyway, my preferences are in, I'll check in more often, and I'm ready for some vampire hunting.

Thats alright, its still within 24 hours.

Speaking of which:

Greenvoid, I'm going to replace you with the next alternate hunter. I believe you can't afford the time right now to play this game. I know it sucks but otherwise its going to ruin the fun for everybody else if we have to keep waiting over and over. Its really a game that requires players to think out turns throughly/demands players to be sharp at all times.

Normally I give out a warning first but you just had to pick a character out of 2 characters and we've passed the 24 hour mark already. It could have been perfectly COed as well.

So please welcome Statalyzer as the final hunter ! Don't worry about your WBC obligation, its just temporary after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we'll be using modified allies !

And to help deciding the starting locations:

Make your character choice Statalyzer whenever you're ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez Poland
msg tools

To speed up the game a little bit, I will choose my starting position as Constanta.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Just gonna roll for the character selection to speed things up.

RedShark92 - 1custom2{Van Helsing;Dr Seward;} -> ( Van Helsing) -> ( Van Helsing)

Thus, Statalyzer will be Dr Seward.

I advice just proxing Seward until its player (or replacement?) gets back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 402983. Gridash
  • 1custom2{Van Helsing;Dr Seward;} =
  • ( Van Helsing) =
  • ( Van Helsing)
  • Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:42 pm
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.