Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has a hero a maximum value of attributes?

I know, that the rules state, that a hero can only have one training token for each of his attributes, but this does not answer the question.

For example, look at the quest card "Unveiling the traitor" (Banners of War). It says, that the hero can spend up to 2 influence, to raise his wisdom temporarily by one per token.

So, if a hero who has already a +2 training token for wisdom, tries this quest, can he additionally spend 2 influence to further temporarily raise his wisdom?

The tactics card "Might of Heroes" would raise the same question.

Thinking about RAW, I would say yes, because the restriction only refers to training tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I would think that you could temporarily give the hero a boost by spending influence apart from any training tokens that hero may or may not have. Just my 2 coppers! Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my rulebook handy, but I think there's something that says a hero cannot have an attribute raised more than twice. If this is indeed the case, I would say this also applies to temporary boosts.

Even if it doesn't specifically say that, I'm fairly certain that was the intent. When I get a chance, I'll take a look and, if necessary, get official confirmation to add to my document
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw, your document is a great help! Unlike similar documents for other games, it is very well formatted, has a clear wording, only contains confirmed decisions, and is very comprehensive for most of the game situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! It's getting big enough where I've considered adding an index or something, as there are some rulings that involve multiple cards, and trying to figure out where to put them is sometimes not easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Thanks! It's getting big enough where I've considered adding an index or something, as there are some rulings that involve multiple cards, and trying to figure out where to put them is sometimes not easy.

yep, great document! (I thanked you already multiple times^^)
A note how I use the document, and I bet many others:
- reading it from top to bottom
- When I search for something specific: text search for keywords (card name, effect etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.