Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goldbrau

The latest game to try out at BGN was Goldbrau by Rio Grande. This is one of their more obscure games. It’s got an interesting theme, owning beer gardens and breweries. The theme works pretty well, and many a comment were made about the drunken bum, and the pretty waitress.

The game was me, Pez, Beckwith and Crystal. After the obligatory explanation of a few minutes, we jumped right in. This was my third play, and everyone else’s first. As was par for the course, I only picked 2 roles that no one else picked in the entire game. Crystal and I continually picked the same role.

Everyone seemed to pick the game up pretty quickly, with just a few mistakes made by players to had mixed up a rule here or there about moving the bum.

Also, as per usual in my games, I lost ownership in 2 beer gardens and 1 brewery when the final share came out, and me only having 1 share in them. This is just one of those games I can’t seem to win.

Final score Crystal 80+, Pez 74, Me 73, Beckwith much, much less. Everyone thought it was a decent game, and would play again. Only a couple more unplayed games in the collection, and I can start really playing some of them. It did have the sign of a good game. There was some discussion after the game of ‘could have, should have’ moves. That always tells me people enjoyed the mental exercise of the game, if they continue to think about it after the game’s over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.