Subject: Kickstarter Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jayson Hymas
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
So my buddy just text me saying he just missed a funding period on Kickstarter and wants to know if there is anyway to pledge still. I haven't been on KS for very long so I wasn't sure and this is the first place I turn with questions like this. So does anyone know if he would still be able to pledge? And if so, how?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, he can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Christiansen
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
badge
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some campaigns actually will let you get in late, Fairytale Games: The Battle Royale for example, but usually only for a short time after. His best bet is to send a message and ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some games also let you pledge after the kickstarter has closed via the game publishers website.
This was the case with http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chap...

Eventually the option will close, but I've noticed kickstarter "exclusives" are not always so limited as they may seem.

However for some games, the kickstarter time period is all there is.

Always a chance the game will be available for general retail later, with or without bonus items. Glory to Rome black box was available at retail with some of the kickstarter bonuses.

Difficult to be specific without knowing which game this refers to.

Best to email the publishers as mentioned above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never hurts to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Perez
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He could also ask the publisher if any gaming stores bought the game on kickstarter and pre order from them. I know some did for Euphoria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen OConnor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Glass Bead Board Games
badge
Read my blog
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Just message the publishers. Some will, some won't

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.