Popular Tags: [View All]
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I will buy it...LOL...however I used to love this game as a kid and for the life of me will never remember the name of it. I was only about 4 and I took the damn thing apart to see how it worked....that was the last time it worked....DOH!!

Anyway, here is what I can tell you. I believe it had two towers, well one for sure. Okay maybe it was one. Once a marble? got to the top of the tower it would fall onto a little trampoline of sorts, then it would bounce onto another, and another until it got to the end. I am not sure what the end is, maybe just a 'catcher' of sorts, then the marble would make its way back to the tower re a wiggly road of sorts. Somehow the marble makes it's way back up the tower to start the sequence all over again. I remember there being about 20 marbles or so all going through the loop together.

There you have it Geeks, I know someone will come through but this might be a really obscure game. Thanks in advance for your help. J

Edit 1 - A couple of tidbits I thought of that might help. It was 33 years ago in Canada when I was playing this game of sorts. I don't think it is in the database but I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Looking for a game from childhood....take the challenge.
Wow, I must have seen it too. Once you started talking about the trampoline, I got an image of how the whole thing looked...I have such vague memories of the sound of the trampoline as the balls bounced on it.

Was probably 30-35 years ago. Sooner and I'd remember it better, longer and I wouldn't remember it at all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Degann
United States
Tarzana
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recall seeing it once in someone's office. I think the marble - more likely a very small steel ball - ended up in a skee ball type of target. The object was to set the trampolines so that the balls landed in the bullseye. Don't remember the name, but when you got a stream of cascading balls it was tres cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Rossney
United States
San Francisco
California [CA]
flag msg tools
Hmm, it sounds like Bing Bang Boing. Which came out just about 33 years ago (1972).

See http://tesla.liketelevision.com/liketelevision/tuner.php?cha... for a pretty exhaustive promo (for Toy Show?) on Bing Bang Boing. Oh, the hair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Apollo
Australia
Newcastle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it CASCADE?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/12786

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Doctor wrote:

Thanks everyone. I had a feeling someone would come through but it wouldn't be easy. After checking this and the bing bang boing game it looks to be Cascade for sure. I had the time frame nailed down, the sucker came out in 1972, I was 4. Thanks for helping, I have so little memorys from childhood left and this is one of them.

Now if I could just remember that damn pinball game I used to like so much.....

In case anyone is reading, this would be back in 1978 or so, I was playing this pinball game in Edmonton, Alberta. I have researched some sites on the net to no avail so far. Unfortunatelty this one will be even harder to describe.

I remember it was a race type game of sorts, black, red and maybe white colors on the game. I really thought the name had "Derby" or "Race" in it somewhere but after researching this could be wrong. I'm pretty sure there were pictures of cars on the backboard. The side fouls were probably pitstop lanes. The only other thing I can tell you is when you won a free game, the "pop sound" was very loud, maybe the loudest out of all the pinball games I played which is a lot. Good luck....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Carter
United Kingdom
Stockton-on-Tees
Cleveland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd forgotten all albout this game surprise, I'm off to my loft to see if I've still got it....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Doctor has done it again. Thank you Thank you. I have been looking for this damn game and no wonder I couldn't find it, the name was way off. I never thought of serching just auto games.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1682&depth=0&picno=9024

Thanks again. jay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the happy endings to "help me find this game" stories. Often, people don't post if the game someone suggests is right or not, so I'm glad to see that it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.