Mice and Mystics: Heart of Glorm» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few rule Questions for Jerry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drwily Wetherbee

California
msg tools
Hey Jerry,
I just recently showed this game to my cousin and he loves it. We are on chapter 4 and had few questions and ideas we have been thinking about and wanted throw them your way and see what you think.
Questions first:
1. When someone dies and is captured and you have the instant rescue card, do they still lose all their stuff like normal or does the card stop that?
2. Collins mystic blade shows he gets a double bonus hit when a sword/star shows, so can he still get the bonus if a shield/sword/star shows or only the former?
3.Many cards say add plus 1 to your attack or defense. Does that mean add an extra die or add plus one to your die result?
4. If you're in a room with a special surge like (Brodie or Vurst) and you defeat them and surge again, I understand the page goes up but does a spider or whatever is on the encounter card spawn?
5.Ok to clarify how does Vurst power work? Is it any cheese that show up he re-rolls or is it he gets one cheese and he gets to re-roll all three again? Meaning he can keep shooting as long as he rolls one cheese?
6. Last rule one. When you lose and have to start the mission over, do you lose everything and start with just your starting equip, and what you had face down in your pack? Or can you go back to what you had at the beginning of the mission losing only what you gained this mission?

So the ideas we wanted to float your way was what animals do you have planned for the big expansion? My cuz and I both agree you need a boss snake and you can have different kinds with initative cards. We would like to see, an owl, gopher or mole, raccoon, beetle, ants, grasshopper, wasp or bees and a squirrel. We know it's alot but they don't all have to be bad guys they can be npc(crumbles) or people you hire or help you out like you talked about earlier. I look forward to talking more with you. Thanx and sorry for the long list. Pat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drwily77 wrote:
Hey Jerry,
I just recently showed this game to my cousin and he loves it. We are on chapter 4 and had few questions and ideas we have been thinking about and wanted throw them your way and see what you think.

I'm glad you are enjoying the game. I'd be delighted to answer your questions.

Quote:
Questions first:
1. When someone dies and is captured and you have the instant rescue card, do they still lose all their stuff like normal or does the card stop that?

Yes, they do lose their stuff but they do not have to sit out. This is a good card to play when you are in a tough battle and a key hero goes down.

Quote:
2. Collins mystic blade shows he gets a double bonus hit when a sword/star shows, so can he still get the bonus if a shield/sword/star shows or only the former?

Remember that you need Lore 3 to use Mystic Blade. Collin has Lore 2. The Mystic Blade's extra hits only count when you roll the sword/star, not when you roll sword/shield/star.

Quote:
3.Many cards say add plus 1 to your attack or defense. Does that mean add an extra die or add plus one to your die result?
It means to add an additional action die.

Quote:
4. If you're in a room with a special surge like (Brodie or Vurst) and you defeat them and surge again, I understand the page goes up but does a spider or whatever is on the encounter card spawn?
No you already dealt with the surge for that room.

Quote:
5.Ok to clarify how does Vurst power work? Is it any cheese that show up he re-rolls or is it he gets one cheese and he gets to re-roll all three again? Meaning he can keep shooting as long as he rolls one cheese?
He can keep shooting. Be careful, he can be dangerous.

Quote:
6. Last rule one. When you lose and have to start the mission over, do you lose everything and start with just your starting equip, and what you had face down in your pack? Or can you go back to what you had at the beginning of the mission losing only what you gained this mission?
You can start over with what you had at the end of the previous chapter.

Quote:
So the ideas we wanted to float your way was what animals do you have planned for the big expansion? My cuz and I both agree you need a boss snake and you can have different kinds with initative cards. We would like to see, an owl, gopher or mole, raccoon, beetle, ants, grasshopper, wasp or bees and a squirrel. We know it's alot but they don't all have to be bad guys they can be npc(crumbles) or people you hire or help you out like you talked about earlier. I look forward to talking more with you. Thanx and sorry for the long list. Pat
I'm glad to see that many of the things you requested are included in the big expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Remember that you need Lore 3 to use Mystic Blade. Collin has Lore 2. The Mystic Blade's extra hits only count when you roll the sword/star, not when you roll sword/shield/star.

It requires warrior or 3 lore. Collin has the keyword warrior. I hope he can use the mystic blade because he currently has it going into chapter 8 blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mustardayonnaiz wrote:
Quote:

It requires warrior or 3 lore. Collin has the keyword warrior. I hope he can use the mystic blade because he currently has it going into chapter 8 blush
Ahh yes correct warrior OR 3 lore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drwily Wetherbee

California
msg tools
Thanx Jerry for replying so quickly its cool that you guys reach out and are willing to answer alot of questions and take the time out to make the experience that much better.
My cousin and I are super stoked that most of what we requested is going to make it in the game at some point and we have already begone discussing who or what is going to be in it and how they will work. Super excited, can't wait. Pat.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.