Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone thot or testdrive the playing with open moves rather than closed moves? Meaning each player in turn order plays one move.

This would allow players to react to each other's choice of action, and make this a better game?

The closed moves can make things random and some were saying this is a weakness of this game. Perhaps for those, they can try open moves - will this break the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Johnson
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I would like that very much. Keeping the moves hidden is one of the great joys of this game. It is the second-guessing, bluffing and difficult decisions of the hidden moves that makes this game really shine. I love knowing that my opponent is sweating wondering what the heck I am going to do and where I am going to go. For me it would be a bad idea to monkey with the rules in that fashion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
SwedeLad wrote:
I don't think I would like that very much. Keeping the moves hidden is one of the great joys of this game. It is the second-guessing, bluffing and difficult decisions of the hidden moves that makes this game really shine. I love knowing that my opponent is sweating wondering what the heck I am going to do and where I am going to go. For me it would be a bad idea to monkey with the rules in that fashion.

Agreed. The tension of knowing whether to have your yak sleep in the village before dealing in hopes of your opponent being forced to grab the salt so you can grab the gold makes for great fun.

I did download the new cards that replace the die roll for the selection of the villages for goods and orders. I have yet to print them and play though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.