Shawn Hinzey
United States
Santa Fe
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say, I'm excited for the release of this game... but, my games will require a 'flourish' in order to play a card. That is, instead of harping out stats, you've gotta give some narrative context. e.g. roleplay it a bit.

As much as I'd like to believe the game is very "story" oriented as billed, it really seems like it's up to the players to manufacture it through creative gameplay.

I do kinda wish there was some more flavor text on the cards; would help a bunch. Oh well, imagination... attack!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Leavitt
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree.. that's my main concern for the game.

That's what I'm liking about Fallen. At least story cards give it a little more story substance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Grell
United States
Winter Haven
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is flavor text on quite a few cards in the set. I believe each Adventure, Scenario, and Location card has some. I've also seen some on the Villain card in the rulebook. Each hero also has a little backstory on their card as well. Also, don't forget the old "a picture is worth a thousand words" adage. I think the flavor text and art will be enough to spark the imagination and get the creative juices flowing. This use of imagination really gives the game the feel of a tabletop RPG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sanderlin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you add RP florish into the game, you will add more time which defeats the purpose. You will be basically be playing the rpg with cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To me things like a quick backstory, campaign progression, parties, different tactics and results depending on situation/monsters are all easy ways to enhance theme without needing to too complex with description or without needing a crazy imagination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.