Hide
6 Posts

Power Grid» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I expand my network in any direction? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tai gunter
msg tools
Say I started in Chicago and built to st. Louis. Can I now build in Minneapolis or do I have to go out of St. Louis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can build in any direction. You can even bypass a city (but paying the cost for the two connections).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Rodrick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot start a new network in Minneapolis, however. You must pay the connection cost from a city that is in your network. If that connection is multiple links away from a city in your network you must pay the cost of each link.

From Chicago, St. Louis, or any city you passed through you can build to a city "next to" your network paying only for the link you use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René van Bussel
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any time you want to add a city to your network, you pay the cheapest connection cost from any city in your network to the new city, plus the build cost for the city itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Power Grid FAQ is recommended for people learning the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Amick
United States
Grand Island
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
"Too late, you took your finger off the piece..."
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Power Grid FAQ is recommended for people learning the game.

Thanks to the link for the FAQ. This actually answered several questions that we've bumped into but haven't bothered to ask about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.