Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope Mitch, Matthew, Jarryd and co. won't mind if we link their daily preview pictures for the upcoming Nightmare Decks here and discuss them. If so, just mention it.

Today:

Yikes! I wonder if this will be (a) regular enemy(enemies?) in the encounter deck, or if Rob and Bob will be among the other trolls of the Carrock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Very cool! I really waitig for HFG and CAC nightmare mode. So where you got it and do you have more cards for show? thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glaurung2 wrote:
Very cool! I really waitig for HFG and CAC nightmare mode. So where you got it and do you have more cards for show? thank you

I saw it on the Cardboard of the Rings Facebook page. Mitch intends to reveal one card per day. This was the first card, so I can't link to more images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Zwerg wrote:
Glaurung2 wrote:

I saw it on the Cardboard of the Rings Facebook page. Mitch intends to reveal one card per day. This was the first card, so I can't link to more images.

Ok i see. Since i dont have a facebook will be cool if you will update cards here every day. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glaurung2 wrote:
Zwerg wrote:
Glaurung2 wrote:

Ok i see. Since i dont have a facebook will be cool if you will update cards here every day. Thank you.

No problem (unless the CotR crew has any objection).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zwerg wrote:
Yikes! I wonder if this will be (a) regular enemy(enemies?) in the encounter deck, or if Rob and Bob will be among the other trolls of the Carrock.

The Facebook post addressed this:
Cardboard of the Rings wrote:
Today's entry is a unique Troll enemy that enters play during the brand-new third quest phase of Nightmare difficulty Conflict at the Carrock!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdmiralACF wrote:
Zwerg wrote:

Today's entry is a unique Troll enemy that enters play during the brand-new third quest phase of Nightmare difficulty Conflict at the Carrock!

Interesting. I wonder what the trigger for this quest stage would be. Will Rob & Bob enter as reinforcements after player kill a number of Carrock trolls? Or will we have to fight eight troll heads after chopping four down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Zwerg wrote:
AdmiralACF wrote:
Zwerg wrote:

Interesting. I wonder what the trigger for this quest stage would be. Will Rob & Bob enter as reinforcements after player kill a number of Carrock trolls? Or will we have to fight eight troll heads after chopping four down?

sounds cool. the core set nightmare mode is really ok. I have all 3.

JDTA is really cool one.

I relly love the hunt for Gollum but i think CAC also should be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glaurung2 wrote:
Zwerg wrote:
Glaurung2 wrote:

You don't have to have facebook account to visit COTR's page: https://www.facebook.com/CardboardOfTheRings

Second card is up. Very nasty location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Very nasty, indeed. Three copies in the encounter deck, according to Mitch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Yes you dont wonna really go there if you have s Gandalf or Gildor on the table. And you cannot explored in SA. 3 threat bother you every round...... yes bad card. HFG should be amazing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glaurung2 wrote:
Yes you dont wonna really go there if you have s Gandalf or Gildor on the table.

Hah yeah, unless it's core Gandalf and he is already exhausted from questing or something. ^_^

Though honestly, I think I'd much rather ditch a Gandalf than some other important ally that stays around for more than 1 turn. Maybe on this quest just always use Gandalf to quest and then ditch him for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
Glaurung2 wrote:
Yes you dont wonna really go there if you have s Gandalf or Gildor on the table.

Hah yeah, unless it's core Gandalf and he is already exhausted from questing or something. ^_^

Though honestly, I think I'd much rather ditch a Gandalf than some other important ally that stays around for more than 1 turn. Maybe on this quest just always use Gandalf to quest and then ditch him for this.

If you check it out my video about Druadan Forest you will see i use a Hobbits Gandalf which is really cool one! He quest not tap and ready for fight after.... Yes you add 3 threat instead 1 every round but with 3 elrond councer and 3 G greetings is ok. I love this deck Elrond, Glorifindel (spirit) Mirlonde.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glaurung2 wrote:
Mattr0polis wrote:
Glaurung2 wrote:

If you check it out my video about Druadan Forest you will see i use a Hobbits Gandalf which is really cool one! He quest not tap and ready for fight after.... Yes you add 3 threat instead 1 every round but with 3 elrond councer and 3 G greetings is ok. I love this deck Elrond, Glorifindel (spirit) Mirlonde.
Agreed, I've used Gandalf v2 in my Elrond/Glorfindel/Beravor deck pretty much ever since Over Hill and Under Hill was released, and he's more than earned his place. I've come to think of him as a fast-forward button for quests, since accelerates both your ability to overcome the quest as well as your threat level!

I actually use a balance of both Gandalf versions - currently 2 of the core set and 1 of the Hobbit version. When I first built the deck I had 1 of each just to hedge my bets and see which worked better in practice, and having a mixture of both turned out to be extremely useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glaurung2 wrote:

Yeah, I really like that Gandalf as well. Hard to say the best approach for using allies like that on this nightmare quest though. I guess we just play as normal and try to leave these Dark Pools in the staging area and just quest over them. Hopefully all 3 don't show up very early! ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow, keeping Wilyador alive was difficult enough without Lantana camara Noxious Weed. wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poor Wilyador soblue He's up for some rough times and lots of dying before we manage to win this nightmare scenario shake

This Goblin Eagle-Hunter looks too eager to eat Wilyador alive.

I hope FFG give us some less bloody scenario, where will have to save some plants or something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran Quinti
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As stated in COTR Facebook, Wilyador has the text "Cannot have attachments". And the instructions card (posted there too) doesn't say anything about "special attachments", like noxious supplies.

So FAQ errata for the future!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Jekzer wrote:
As stated in COTR Facebook, Wilyador has the text "Cannot have attachments". And the instructions card (posted there too) doesn't say anything about "special attachments", like noxious supplies.

Maybe in NM different Wilyador......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran Quinti
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glaurung2 wrote:
Jekzer wrote:

Maybe in NM different Wilyador......

Yeah, maybe. But what Mitch (the one who posted the card) stated after showing the card is "Looks like Wilyador might need some errata after all, regarding Noxious Supplies:". If there was a new Wily, he'd have stated that.

But who knows, maybe they are reserving the fun to show the new cards!

Oh and someone on FFG forums commented that we'll have new versions of the trolls. CaTC can become a really nasty one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Set-up instructions posted by 'Dain Ironfoot' (Matthew from CotR?) on the FFG forums:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Carrock gets 3rd scenario card because Grimbeorn got captured and we need to save him to win.
Hobbit's Beorn to the rescue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

'Cannot have player attachments'. I suppose you'd even have to discard them from other trolls if you kill Stuart. Seems like a candidate to dispatch last, but who knows what his friends will have in store for our heroes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my. New Stuart got 2 extra defence and nasty anti-attachment clause. But it only applies after he's defeated (when he is in victory display). So surviving trolls get stronger (angrier ). Why not have both clause, new one and old "While Stuart is engaged with a player..."? Than would be much harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alogos teeheehee
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zwerg wrote:
'Cannot have player attachments'. I suppose you'd even have to discard them from other trolls if you kill Stuart. Seems like a candidate to dispatch last, but who knows what his friends will have in store for our heroes?

It was said that attachments check conditions only when they are played and stay even if the condition is not met afterwards...
So you shouldn't discard attachements that are already attached when you kill Stuart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.