Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis West
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi guys, quick question about using stamina potions. They don't require an action correct? I noticed a health potion has an action symbol, while a stamina potion doesn't. I ask because earlier, as High Mage Quellen, I activated his Heroic Feat, with no fatigue suffered, to increase his stamina from 4 to 8. Then I fatigue to a search token, used my first action to search, finding a stamina potion, which I used after I had spend the rest of my fatigue, allowing me another 8 movement to the next search token which also revealed a stamina potion, which allowed me to move back into a better position. After his turn ended, he recovered all of his fatigue per his heroic feat. My OL thought this was a little too broken but we couldn't find anything that prevents me from playing it as I did. I'm mostly asking if I did anything against the rules in that instance? Just seems like a really powerful first turn every encounter with the High Mage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Mantziaris
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's allowed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it seems powerful, it IS the character's heroic feat. Most of the characters' heroic feats seem 'overpowered.'

As far as did you do everything right? Yes, you did fine. Quellen's feat temporarily boosts stamina by 4 for the entire turn. The Stamina potion does not require an action to use.

You just happened to get lucky and turn over two stamina potions with two separate searches. That doesn't always happen, so this ability isn't always 'that broken.'

Sometimes, luck can make interesting things happen.

Grisban, as a knight, can use Oath of Honor to move up to 7 spaces (if the OL and heroes are in correct position) to attack an enemy, kill it, use Advance to move up to 3 more spaces to attack another enemy, kill it, use his second action to again use Oath of Honor to move up to 7 more spaces (if the OL and heroes are in correct position) to attack an enemy, and then use his heroic feat for another attack, and then finally spend a fatigue for 1 more movement point. Thus he would end up getting up to 18 movement spaces and 4 attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
firedale2002 wrote:
You just happened to get lucky and turn over two stamina potions with two separate searches. That doesn't always happen, so this ability isn't always 'that broken.'

Yeah, there are only three Stamina Potions in the Search deck (of twelve cards). The chance that you will draw exactly two cards and that they will both be Stamina Potions is 1/22 or about 4.5%. Not exactly something that you can make happen on Turn 1 with any sort of consistency.

firedale2002 wrote:
Sometimes, luck can make interesting things happen.

Grisban, as a knight, can use Oath of Honor to move up to 7 spaces (if the OL and heroes are in correct position) to attack an enemy, kill it, use Advance to move up to 3 more spaces to attack another enemy, kill it, use his second action to again use Oath of Honor to move up to 7 more spaces (if the OL and heroes are in correct position) to attack an enemy, and then use his heroic feat for another attack, and then finally spend a fatigue for 1 more movement point. Thus he would end up getting up to 18 movement spaces and 4 attacks.

He could have recovered some fatigue on those attacks and moved even further!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.