Subject: Dead Agents rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
DPO
US Armed Forces - Pacific
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would two dead agents satisfy the 'stand united' mission card? The card states that in order to get 4 IP, a faction must have a pair of identical agents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Finnigan

Middleboro
Massachusetts
msg tools
Considering you cannot see what agents they are I don't see how it could satisfy the quest. Being killed isn't considered a type of agent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which raises a good question - does an agent have to be alive to be part of an identical pair . . . ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
DPO
US Armed Forces - Pacific
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that it isn't probably what the creator had in mind, and most likely goes against the spirit of what he intended. However, two dead agents are technically of the same type--dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would argue that death is not a type but a state.
The state changes, but the type doesn't. It is just not longer visible. You have to memorize the type while the state is clearly visible.

I think Avri Klemer has raised an interesting question, since the dead agent did not change his type.

Quote:
Which raises a good question - does an agent have to be alive to be part of an identical pair . . . ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saar Shai
United States
BRONX
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice try guys! This is the kind of cunning and conniving I like to see!

However, dead Agents do not count when it comes to 'Stand United' or 'Reinforcements' Missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheAgents wrote:
dead Agents do not count when it comes to 'Stand United' or 'Reinforcements' Missions.

I guessed that this was the case per the *spirit* of the rules, but perhaps needs to be made explicit - in the FAQ?

Thanks for the definitive answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or by adding a "(dead agents do not count)" or something like that clarification directly on the missions that need it.

Since the cards aren't printed yet it would be worth considering making the cards iteslef clearer and avoiding the need of a faq entry.

And yeah, thanks for your answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Took
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if it needs too much explanation short of maybe and explanation as to what dead implies. Dead agents count only as dead agents, they have no type, and unless you can personally remember what they used to be they are nothing but dead agents until extracted or revived.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.