Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When the winner of a combat has a Parrot, and the loser has Leather Cloak or Steel Breastplate, and succeeds in the armor dice roll, which has precedence? Does the Parrot steal 1 Gold, or does the armor block it?

2. Does armor apply when one loses to the First Mate or the Pirate King and goes to the Thieves' Den?

3. What does Zombie Pirate's text mean exactly? It looks like I have to win 2 successive battles against the zombie, in order to be considered victorious and get the listed treasure (once). If I lose either battle, it's considered a loss.

If this interpretation is correct, that's quite harsh: the odds show that it's largely equivalent to a +2 Might modifier, so the Zombie Pirate is effectively as strong as the Cyclops (but the rewards are smaller).

4. Does "Queen's Pardon" cover payments other than the settlement "rent"? For example, does it protect me from losing Gold due to losing battles in the same turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. We've been playing it that the cloak/breastplate takes precedence and the parrot is useless against them.

2. Hmmm...seems they should prevent you losing stuff, but shouldn't keep you from getting moved.

3. We play you have to beat him twice in a row to win. If you lose the first one and can't get out of it with a card, you lose and no second battle is fought. If you win the first round, you get no reward and still have to win the second. "Harsh"...hey, life ain't easy

4. On a strict reading, I have to say, yes, it covers all losses that turn, not just the ones related to paying for picking up new crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan, have you sent in a ruling request via the official site?
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/welcome

I received a prompt response to my Volcanic Eruption question from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.