Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
Staples has their 0.14 L Really Useful Containers on sale for $0.25 each. These come in a variety of colors, including clear, and are great for holding the small bits and chits for a variety of games.

I loathe the use of baggies and frequently use these small containers for my game. They greatly speed up setup by just passing out the containers to each player.

Here is my use of these containers for my TI3 storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shame it is only limit two per person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah H
United States
Friendswood
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit- it's in their weekly ad, 7/21-7/28, limit 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daley
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an in-store special, possibly at your store only? I looked online, and they are $1.29 still They are on "sale" in Canada, but as usual prices on sale are still 50% higher then their USA regular price!

Staples has a lot of one-store-only kind of clearouts. Where are you located?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is in their weekly ad in IA, so sale. Not online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are being advertised in the Sunday ad in North Carolina. Listed with a bunch of other back to school specials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Dude, hit up a dollar tree. Head back to the Tupperware section and look for snack containers that come 8 to a pack, circular or rectangular, for a buck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do multiple transactions... I guess it's a good thing I have a brother and a Staples 4 blocks down from me ^_^

Edit: My only real problem with these is that they don't fit well in some boxes. I prefer to have most of my tokens stored within the box than externally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah H
United States
Friendswood
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NeoGenesisX wrote:
You can do multiple transactions... I guess it's a good thing I have a brother and a Staples 4 blocks down from me ^_^

Edit: My only real problem with these is that they don't fit well in some boxes. I prefer to have most of my tokens stored within the box than externally.

If you get a cashier who will play along. Fine print:

Quote:
Limit 2 per customer. Above limit price $1. In store only. While supplies last.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
My current go to item is a sleeve of 125 clear plastic souffle cups from Smart and Final for $5. They have a variety of sizes (I regularly use 2 and 3 oz cups) so that you can use only what you need depending upon the components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xerobull wrote:
NeoGenesisX wrote:

If you get a cashier who will play along. Fine print:

Quote:
Limit 2 per customer. Above limit price $1. In store only. While supplies last.

Even without having to practice your social engineering skills on the cashier, you can alway price match these items at Office Depot and Office Max.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badgeguy wrote:
My current go to item is a sleeve of 125 clear plastic souffle cups from Smart and Final for $5. They have a variety of sizes (I regularly use 2 and 3 oz cups) so that you can use only what you need depending upon the components.

But those are without lids no? There are lots of receptacle options, but the key advantage to things like this and the snack boxes from Dollar Tree mentioned above is that they also serve as storage between games saving greatly on set up and break down time.

On my way to Staples to see how many they'll let me snag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Graham
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badgeguy wrote:

Can you post a pic of this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
badgeguy wrote:

But those are without lids no? There are lots of receptacle options, but the key advantage to things like this and the snack boxes from Dollar Tree mentioned above is that they also serve as storage between games saving greatly on set up and break down time.

I love the food cup storage idea myself. If I were to bring these in, would people be interested?

Of course I'd sell them with lids, probably for .10 or less ea in packs of 100-125.

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up 12 of the staples containers. Just asked the cashier to ring up each pair as a separate transaction.

WARNING - many of these do not close tightly so check each one before purchase. I'll have to go back to exchange the poor ones since opening a game box to find loose components kind of defeats the purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krister Nevin
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would. Love various storage idea's.

BoardsAndBits wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
badgeguy wrote:

I love the food cup storage idea myself. If I were to bring these in, would people be interested?

Of course I'd sell them with lids, probably for .10 or less ea in packs of 100-125.

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:

Tom
Boards & Bits

Solo cups are just one step removed from baggies. I'd use them in a pinch but I prefer something more substantial. I regularly use these Really Useful Boxes and coin tubes of different sizes. Depending on the size and quantity purchased they can be bought 3-5 for a $1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice find TC!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapnYB wrote:
BoardsAndBits wrote:

Tom
Boards & Bits

Solo cups are just one step removed from baggies. I'd use them in a pinch but I prefer something more substantial. I regularly use these Really Useful Boxes and coin tubes of different sizes. Depending on the size and quantity purchased they can be bought 3-5 for a $1

Those look great, too. The thing I like about the Solo cups, and what sets them apart from baggies, is that the bits can stay in the containers when you play. Just pop the lids off and go!

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI...

Office Depot (Hurst, TX) price matched these with no limit restriction.
Supervisor said they would rather have my business in there at a loss than not at all. I picked up 8.

Then went to Staples (North Richland Hills, TX) they were happy to let me ring up separate transactions at Limit 2 each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Skokie
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLazyMongoose wrote:
Dude, hit up a dollar tree. Head back to the Tupperware section and look for snack containers that come 8 to a pack, circular or rectangular, for a buck.

I love those things. Just Google "sure fresh mini storage containers". 10 to a pack for $1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah H
United States
Friendswood
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to pick up 16 doing desperate purchases. Nice cashier ftw, screw you, mittens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just grabbed 4 today. I found these actually to make really good makeshift miniature storage containers. I don't know where to get Plano boxes, but these make excellent subs. I'm using them for Super Dungeon Explore, granted most of my monsters are not painted. I use either newspapers or tissue to stuff the empty space so they won't rattle and most boxes can fit 4-5 upright, maybe about double that if you don't mind playing a little Tetris with them. Probably going to grab some more tomorrow 'til the end of the week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.