Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Argo
United States
Durant
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find Nuns on the Run to have a delightful theme, but sadly, I can seldom muster up more then three players at a time. Is it still worth buying if you only have access to such a small audience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes. It plays somewhat differently than at the other end of the scale, but it's still a blast. With 5+ the guards are "guaranteed" to find someone, and pretty quickly, so it's more of a scramble to get away and try to not get caught by other's mistakes. With 2-4, it's more of a sneaky experience, where every sound or sight can mean game over. It's two different types of tension, but both equally good in my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Petters
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we've also played with 2 and 3 players where the novice players are playing two novices each...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend a different game OR have each Novices player play with TWO novices simultaneously.

Best with 5, 6 players
Recommended with 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny M
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it (for the first time) with three players on Saturday - two nuns and me being the abbess and prioress and we had a great time... Mind you, we were drinking port and I did manage to catch a novice. I think if I hadn't caught her it would have been less fun for me. It may well have been less fun if we'd played it before and the nuns had been more canny. The port didn't affect anything obviously.

Still, I'm playing it tonight with 4! Bring it on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.