Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Trying to grasp events and timing. If you have an event that says you can degrade a capital to a city, can you play that while you have an empire whose special power gives you something everytime a capital degrades and get the bonus?

I know the rules state you cannot play an event once you start rolling dice but what does that really mean? Can you not play an event at the end of your turn?

Confused,
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
P9 says gold is awarded whenever a reduction occurs during a barbarian empire turn or during the barbarian Event so answer to question 1 is yes, if the event is active when that reduction happens you get the barbarian bonus.

The other rule you mention, on page 8, means that you may not play an event between rolling the dice and completing the resolution of that dice roll. You are able to play an event before the roll and subsequent to the resolution of the dice roll.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually,

The event I am talking is "Disaster" which reduces a cap to a city or a city to nothing.

What if you have the empire "Persia" which allows you to gain 1 army whenever you reduce a capital.

Now, if I play Persia, can I then play Disaster and reduce a capital to a city and gain 1 army?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
Actually,

The event I am talking is "Disaster" which reduces a cap to a city or a city to nothing.

What if you have the empire "Persia" which allows you to gain 1 army whenever you reduce a capital.

Now, if I play Persia, can I then play Disaster and reduce a capital to a city and gain 1 army?

Thx
jonpfl

I would say the spirit of the rule would be no. Being that it should happen through combat.

However, that is just my opinion.
The easy way to play it would be yes you do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.