Diamant» Forums » Variants

Subject: My gaming-group's variant-package rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Pihl
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These small changes, makes this game WAY more fun for my gaming-group.
DISCLAMER: Some of these are already in the varant-forum.

1) Faster reveal of staying/returning to camp

Use any kind of token.
Keep a token in hand instead of cards. When everyone decides whether to continue in the cave, or return to town, everyone opens their hands. Those with tokens returns to town, those without continues.

This results in a quite higher pace.

2) Artifacts gets increasingly more valuable.

When the first artifact is revealed, place a 1D6 on it. The following artifacts is worth 1D8, 1D10, 1D12 and 1D20. (the rule about only a single player can grap an artifact, is still in effect). When a player graps an artifact, he rolls the die to see what the artifact is worth

This makes the game progressingly more exciting.

3) Artifacts and disasters gets added, after each round.

At the start of the game, remove 5 disasters and 5 artifacts. At the start of each round, add 1 disaster and 1 artifact.

As no. 2, This makes the game progressingly more exciting.

4) Faster progress, when diamonds are revealed.

When a diamond-card is revealed, we do the following (REGARDLESS of the number of remaining players in the cave):
If it's 1-4, all diamonds are placed on the card.
If it's 5-10, each player who is still in the cave, gets 1 diamond. The rest is placed on the card.
If it's 11+, each player who is still in the cave, gets 2 diamonds. The rest is placed on the card.

At first, this might seem kind of like the same system, that is already in the game. But remember these calculations is the same, NO MATTER how many is left in the cave. So no longer do you have to divide (which can be a little tricky after quite a few beers). These constant numbers are way easier to handle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All in all I like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm I like faster progress and I like fewer disasters; currently the games are a little rough; very often we'll have one or two rounds that literally end without a treasure card ever being played and that seems a little pointless. We may try some of this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.