Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Haesendonckx
Belgium
Antwerp - Schoten
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

After another bunch of playtests (in which we fielded the Dwarf Preview deck versus one of the deck I got at Essen last year, we came upon more rules questions:

1) Dwarf Battlemage: When he attacks a ready character, the defender gets to roll a defense roll. However, the Dwarf Battlemage may immediately after his atack declare a magical strike 2. Does the defender get to roll again for his defense? And...what if the first attack was a miss...do you still get to perform the magic strike?

2) Temple Warrior: 'When Temple Warrior is engaged in combat, he rolls the dice twice and choses the better result': does that count both for defending and for attacking?

3) defense roll: as we understood it, this can only be made against a melee attack (including a magical attack or special attack). Is that correct?

Until now, the Dwarven preview deck is undefeated surprise

I was surprised by this, as there is no regeneration of healing in the deck. The ranged abilites + the rabnk abilities have made all the difference. Some of the Dwarves have shooting abilities, but no range (we took the range to be unlimted in that case).

cheers,

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serega
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mb
3) No. "Defence roll" is used against basic strike attacks only.

1) Battlemage declare magical strike after successful basic strike. No strike - no magical strike.

2) Who is Temple Warrior? Notice, that rules was changed for Berserk:WotR notedly, so new cards usually have Attack/Defence skill, which is almost the same. Based on showing text I suppose this guy rolls die twice both in attack and defence

4) Yes, Dwarves are cool ninja

5) Yes, unranged abilities have no range limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Haesendonckx
Belgium
Antwerp - Schoten
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answers Serega.

The 'Temple Warrior' is actually 'Temple Guard'. He was included in the decks I bought in Essen last year.

They still had the old way of rolling dice...but I guess it would be the same question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.