5 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Master Strike Advanced Solo Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C Penberth III
msg tools
mbmbmb
The Advanced Solo Rules state that when a Master Striker is drawn, KO a Hero from the HQ and then draw another Villain.

What happens if Emma Frost's Shadowed Thoughts is played (Play a card from the Villain and gain +attack) and the next draw is a Master Strike. Obviously I resolve the Master Strike, but do I have to draw another Villain afterwards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Cram
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't see why not. That is part of the Master Strike, after all.

Since Emma Frost's ability triggers by playing the card from the Villain deck, not just revealing it, you are required to perform every part of the action. In the case of the Master Strike, that is to perform the Mastermind's ability, KO a hero from HQ, and then draw the next villain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I don't see anything in the advanced solo rules that says to KO a hero from the HQ after a Masterstrike. Do you mean a scheme twist?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Cram
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
CK66 wrote:
I don't see anything in the advanced solo rules that says to KO a hero from the HQ after a Masterstrike. Do you mean a scheme twist?

That's what I get for answering from work. Yes, the scheme twist KO's the hero and the master strike flips the next card unless the mastermind scheme dictates otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Penberth III
msg tools
mbmbmb
I still call it KO, but yest the hero from the Line-Up goes to the bottom of the hero deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.