Mike Arms
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninja card - Infiltrate
Action
Play on a base. Destroy an action that has been played here.
Ongoing: You may ignore this base's ability until the start of your next turn.

OK, we're clear on the first part. But the Ongoing seems to be a little confusing.

1. You would get a choice each time the base's ability would trigger (until the start of your next turn). Correct?

2. If you do choose to "ignore this base's ability", does it not affect anyone, or just not affect you?

3. The Ongoing effect really only lasts until the start of your next turn. After that, it has no real Ongoing effect. Correct?

4. After the start of your next turn, the Infiltrate card remains played on the base with no other effect. This is because there is no clause on the card saying to destroy it at the start of your next turn. Correct?

Thanks for any responses, and here's hoping for a real, living, and thorough FAQ from AEG and/or the game designer.

- Mike Arms

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I'm unsure if you are asking us a question or trying to make a compilation of what's been asked in other threads.

Infiltrate is a card that's caused a lot of confusion and there are a lot of threads asking the same basic things you have asked. If you are asking us how it works you'll get a lot of people telling you their opinion on how it works. As of now I've never seen an official clarification on the correct way to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Arms
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I tried to do a search on BGG under Forum for Smash Up for Infiltrate, but did not turn up anything. So, I was trying to ask the questions on this card the best way that I could so as to be clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marms wrote:
No, I tried to do a search on BGG under Forum for Smash Up for Infiltrate, but did not turn up anything. So, I was trying to ask the questions on this card the best way that I could so as to be clear.

I just found five threads on the the card. Maybe you did not spell it correctly in your search.

As to your four questions themselves, there is not agreement that they are correct. Ongoing typically means for the rest of the game, so I would think that 3 is incorrect and that the portion of 4 that relates to 3 is incorrect, but otherwise right.

Still not sure about 1, and 2 is, I believe, just you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.