Brian Schwartz
United States
Holbrook
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I searched these forums but was unable to find a clear answer so I figured I would ask.

Questions:

1) If I am fighting multiple enemies (I haven't yet), from what I understand, you have to block all of their attacks directly, but you can kill them separately. So does this mean that if the end of the round, after I've taken all my damage, and there were three monsters and I killed only 1, the other two are left to face? Where do I leave my character after having only defeated one? Can I just begin the attacking during the next turn I have?

This leads me to..

2) I understand that I "reveal" A monster token upon being adjacent to a structure such as a mage tower, but when I am attacking it, do I actually move my figure on top of that tower and monster so they are standing on that hex?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You block individually, it is attacks you can combine. If you do not kill all of the defenders you go back to the hex you came in from, assuming it is a hex that you can legally be on. If it is not, you go back tot he last legal hex you came from, taking wounds in the process. I don't remember if it is one would total, or a wound for every unsafe hex you land on before getting to a legal one.

2) During the attack you move into the hex, but unless you defeat all of the defenders, you are pushed back after combat (see above). That of course only applies to fortified locations, not rampaging monsters. The rules are different for those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Depends on whether you are fighting multiple monsters in an adventure site or a fortified site. If it's an adventure site you don't have to withdraw, so you stay on the hex. Next turn you have the option of entering the adventure site again as your action and fight the remaining enemies. If it's a fortified site you have to withdraw. Next turn you have the option of moving back to the fortified hex and attack again.

2) Yes (though you only reveal mage towers and keeps from the adjacent hex during the day). The only enemies you can attack from adjacent hexes are rampaging ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really suggest you read the site description cards carefully.
They are actually no reference cards, they contain rules which are not in the rulebook!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1) You block individually, it is attacks you can combine

So just to clarify:

If I generate a 6 block on an enemy with attack 3 - I have blocked the enemy and the 3 extra block points are lost; I cannot then apply them to another enemy.

But if I have an 8 Attack value, and I attack an enemy with a 7 Defense, then I have one left over to apply to another enemy in the combat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's true. However, if you combine attacks, then all monsters in the group you're attacking are treated as having all resistances that any of them have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
jedimusic wrote:
If I generate a 6 block on an enemy with attack 3 - I have blocked the enemy and the 3 extra block points are lost; I cannot then apply them to another enemy.

But if I have an 8 Attack value, and I attack an enemy with a 7 Defense, then I have one left over to apply to another enemy in the combat

Let's say you have two enemies with 3 Attack and 5 Armor each. If you play a single card that does Block 5, you may use that against only one enemy. If you play three cards that do Block 2, each card may be applied to one enemy (so in this case you would be able to Block one and maybe throw a fourth card down sideways to generate the last Block point against the other).

Now, you generate 7 Attack with one card and 3 Attack with another card. You can combine the enemies and kill them both.

To touch on the point spartax made, though, there is one wrinkle to this: in the example above, if the second enemy has Physical resistance and you combine the enemies, both enemies are treated as if they had Physical Resistance. So that 10 attack would be halved and you would only be able to kill one enemy if you combined them. Part of the trick of combining enemies is to be able to efficiently use your attack, so you have to group them carefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jedimusic wrote:

Not exactly, there is never 'left over', But you can select two (or more) enemies and attack them together as a single enemy with the combined Defense (and resistances).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.