flag msg tools
designer
publisher
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
badge
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Why is it that if I search for the game 'pandemie' (the Dutch name of Pandemic) the On The Brink expansion isn't the list? I called 'Pandemie: Virus Alarm' so it should show up I think..

At first I thought it was because of the colon but then I saw that another Dutch expansion called 'Pandemie: De Generalist' is on the list.

Why is it doing this?

Here are the relevant search URLs that I get:

Search for 'pandemie':
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&ob...

Search for 'pandemic':
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&ob...

It appears that the standard search doesn't look at aliases if it gets hits based on the default names of games. If I do a search for 'virus alarm' the game does show up, even though it's an alias name.

It's kinda strange if this is the case. I would be better if all Pandemie games were shown if one searches for the term 'pandemie'.

Thanks,
Martijn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Martinus wrote:
Why is it that if I search for the game 'pandemie' (the Dutch name of Pandemic) the On The Brink expansion isn't the list? I called 'Pandemie: Virus Alarm' so it should show up I think.

It shows each game in one language. In this case, if you search for pandemie, you DO see the On The Brink expansion, but in the results it's called "Pandémie - Au seuil de la catastrophe (aka Pandemic: On the Brink)". If you click it, you can see all the alternative names:
Pandemia - På katastrofens rand
Pandemia: Tuhon partaalla
Pandemic - Nové hrozby
Pandémie - Au seuil de la catastrophe
Pandemie: Auf Messers Schneide
Pandemie: Virus Alarm
パンデミック拡張セット 絶体絶命
瘟疫危機 一觸即發 (瘟疫危机 一触即发)
팬데믹: 확산직전

I for one would not want to see more than one entry in the results for each game. That would be overload.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Althuizen
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
badge
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
mbmbmbmbmb
You're totally right... I can't believe I overlooked this! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.