Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
let's say we're in round 2 of turn 1 (already played/used the 1st 9 cards of the A deck, and now the 2nd group of 9 is on the table)...if there's a craftsman there that converts "x" to "y" and I acquire it, I know that I can then convert "x" to "y" BUT can I keep the craftsman card until the last group of 9 cards in the A deck has been resolved, or is he only avail to me during the actual phase when I acquired him?

thanks...

(of course we're assuming that round 1 has 3 phases, and each phase uses 9 new cards from the appropriate deck)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
let's say we're in round 2 of turn 1 (already played/used the 1st 9 cards of the A deck, and now the 2nd group of 9 is on the table)...if there's a craftsman there that converts "x" to "y" and I acquire it, I know that I can then convert "x" to "y" BUT can I keep the craftsman card until the last group of 9 cards in the A deck has been resolved, or is he only avail to me during the actual phase when I acquired him?

Is the card marked 1x? If yes, then you take it and use it whenever you wish, now or later.

All other cards are kept on the table, and used immediately in your order of choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
John_VW wrote:

Is the card marked 1x? If yes, then you take it and use it whenever you wish, now or later.

All other cards are kept on the table, and used immediately in your order of choice.
but, they HAVE to be used immediately? so if I get a craftsman let's say in the 1st group of 9 cards avail, I can NOT keep and use him until the cards are needed to be re-shuffled...I need to use him right then, and if I don't have the resource he converts then he's really just wasted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
but, they HAVE to be used immediately? so if I get a craftsman let's say in the 1st group of 9 cards avail, I can NOT keep and use him until the cards are needed to be re-shuffled...I need to use him right then, and if I don't have the resource he converts then he's really just wasted?

Yup. That's the whole point of the game, lay out your markers on the cards you want to use that turn (and 1x cards you want to take).

You start with a bunch of resources, and some cards give you resources. So to waste the card, you have to specifically put a marker on a card you can't use currently, as well as not putting a marker on the card that gives you the resource you need for him.

As they say - Don't Do That. There are 8 possible lines to claim, pick a better one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.