9 Posts

Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Replacements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jared brown
msg tools
mb
So I played a game against a friend, we both browsed the rule book before play. But an argument came up, we housed ruled and played on but the argument got rather ugly first and i promised to post this question before we played again. So this is the issue: Some of the cards say "Seasonal Replacement" and most say "Replacement Phase." Since our player aids and rules say the replacement phase is not seasonal turn only and the rule book says do not infer, are seasonal replacements only seasonal and the one's that say "Replacement Phase" are taken at the start of every turn? Also we both thought that replacement phase was seasonal but couldn't find any thing actually saying that. Obviously if there is a rule that says that problem solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Grossman
United States
Newport
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the paragraph you were looking for is this one:

1.3 Replacements Segment
In its Replacements Segment, the phasing faction may receive Seasonal Replacements steps. Unless otherwise stated, all replacement steps received are cumulative.
Seasonal Replacements steps received in this Segment are received on Seasonal Turns only. Replacements received in Political Event or Conditional Event Segments can be received on any Turns in which they might occur.

Seems pretty straightforward, so let me know if there was something in your question that I'm missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kreder
United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
Founder of the The Wargame Bootcamp (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/962)
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am following your post right, you are correct "Seasonal Replacement" happens every season (red box on the turn record track). "Replacement Phase" happens every turn. The play aids were slightly miss printed the grey box marking the Seasonal Only steps should included "Seasonal Replacement" but the printing messed it up

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jared brown
msg tools
mb
Yes. Thank you, I feel vaguely embarrassed by this. I think I might have a really misprinted rule book because on the player aids it is like you said Karl, seasonal box doesn't include the replacement phase and in my rulebook replacements are the first step of the Initial Admin. Phase. It is even numbered as 2.1 while on the player aid its 1.3 Which just added to the confusion, but Jeff I didn't get that rule you posted till I just read it. We actually argued over that one because of the don't infer statement I mentioned. Argument centered on the wording, we both just missed the "replacements from this phase... only on the seasonal turns" part. So thanks for your help guys, but I do need to ask why some cards say "seasonal replacement phase" and some just say "replacement phase?" I suppose early print that they changed their mind on? One of us is OCD and won't be able to rest easily until that is explained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Grossman
United States
Newport
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jared,

Don't feel embarrassed! I've misread rules for years before discovering my mistake. AE:TK/DS is particularly unforgiving in this regard due to the organization of the rulebook (i.e. if you don't understand a rule, it is often difficult to determine the intent of the rule until you actually play the game).

My guess is that you would have figured out that something was amiss when the Axis tried to place 18 panzer and 36 infantry replacements during a Barbarossa Summer!

Don't be bashful about asking for help. There's great support here from far more experienced players than me.

Regards,
Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kreder
United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
Founder of the The Wargame Bootcamp (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/962)
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
mbmbmbmbmb
mrhappypants wrote:
Yes. Thank you, I feel vaguely embarrassed by this. I think I might have a really misprinted rule book because on the player aids it is like you said Karl, seasonal box doesn't include the replacement phase and in my rulebook replacements are the first step of the Initial Admin. Phase. It is even numbered as 2.1 while on the player aid its 1.3 Which just added to the confusion, but Jeff I didn't get that rule you posted till I just read it. We actually argued over that one because of the don't infer statement I mentioned. Argument centered on the wording, we both just missed the "replacements from this phase... only on the seasonal turns" part. So thanks for your help guys, but I do need to ask why some cards say "seasonal replacement phase" and some just say "replacement phase?" I suppose early print that they changed their mind on? One of us is OCD and won't be able to rest easily until that is explained.
It's all good, I am on my second campaign game (1937) so I have already hit a bunch of the snags you are experiencing. I highly recommend you get the latest rules which are posted here on the Geek or on Consimworld they were just updated a week ago.

If you have any other questions, post'em I'll be watching
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Prowell
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
mrhappypants wrote:
Hi, Jared! I'm aware that some of the Axis player aid cards were printed with the gray Seasonal Turn box not covering 1.3 Replacements Segment as they should, but I'm not aware of any erroneous numbering of 2.1 for 1.3, nor do I know of any cards that say "Seasonal Replacement Phase" instead of "Replacement Segment." If you can identify by card or page number where you're spotting that, I'll note it for the errata. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
Microbadge: Rush fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Weightlifting fanMicrobadge: Bacon loverMicrobadge: The answer to Life, the Universe and Everything
Thomas, there are four (Soviet) cards: 9a Molotov Diplomacy; 9b Litvinov Diplomacy; 10a Eastern Bloc; and 12 Support Republicans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Prowell
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
Thomas, there are four (Soviet) cards: 9a Molotov Diplomacy; 9b Litvinov Diplomacy; 10a Eastern Bloc; and 12 Support Republicans.
*blink, blink -- rubs eyes* Well, sure nuff! How 'bout that?

Okay, more stuff to note in the errata. But until that file is posted, consider those four cards to say "Replacements Segment" where they currently say "Seasonal Replacements". Thanks for finding this, Jared and Chad!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls